[SOLVED] Artifacts/crashes on stock gpu speed

wiktor.nowak05

Reputable
Nov 5, 2017
Hello, I have owned my rtx 2080 ti in like a month now and everything has been going smoothly and perfectly fine up until now. I am getting random black screens with crashes saying my video memory ran out, artifacts in windows and apps but not in games and just bad fps with stutters in games. Before I could do 110+ on the core and be stable in everything, hours on hours. But now I am getting these issues on the stock speeds. I have under 70c when playing. I will post my specs below.

Specs:
Gpu: Asus rog strix 2080 ti oc 11gb
Cpu: i5 10600 non k
Psu: cooler master 750w
Ram: corsair Vengeance RGB 3600mhz
Motherboard: Asus rog b460f (yes I know the ram is being limited)
Ssd: kingston a2000
Cooler: corsair h115i
Resolution: 1440p @144hz

Also keep in mind these issues appeared after i transported the pc. I have tried reseating the GPU and ram.

Edit: it used 9,5gb in fortnite after 3hours in creative and finally crashed with a memory ran out error.

Solution
What exact psu? Cooler Master do both crap and good units. However with artifacting and video memory issues my thought is this is more likely a failing gpu. I hope you have a warranty, I would start a claim.

Tobaaymalonaay

Honorable
Jun 30, 2015
Hi, when you transported the PC to its new location, did you remove the GPU and other PCI components from the motherboard?
If not, it is possible you have either caused damage to the PCI-E slot in transport or the interface on the card.
I'd suggest removing the video card and checking all pins on the interface - both motherboard and GPU side - for any damage.

wiktor.nowak05

Reputable
Nov 5, 2017
Hi, when you transported the PC to its new location, did you remove the GPU and other PCI components from the motherboard?
If not, it is possible you have either caused damage to the PCI-E slot in transport or the interface on the card.
I'd suggest removing the video card and checking all pins on the interface - both motherboard and GPU side - for any damage.
Yes I checked the pcie slot on the motherboard and the pins on the GPU. I transported the pc horizontally as that puts the least force on the pcie slot. The pc was supported in a spongy like material as it was suggested by many people on reddit and here.