No Prices
Available
Motherboard

MSI B450 Gaming Plus MAX ATX AM4 Motherboard $109.99 FREE $109.99

Memory

Crucial Ballistix Elite 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3600 CL16 Memory

Solution
View: https://imgur.com/7tr8xJH

Seriously, too much focus on bottlenecks.
The 3600 doesn't even have integrated graphics, so nothing would happen.
If you want to be able to play VR smoothly, then get a 4K gaming capable gpu - the 2 have similar hardware requirements.
-Prioritze the gpu: At least a RTX 2060 or GTX 1070Ti
-Have a decent power supply to handle it: https://forums.tomshardware.com/thr...pply-for-attached-build.3603181/post-21736184
-If you have to cut corners to make the 2 points above possible, cut corners on the cpu: Ryzen 3100, 3300X, or 2600.
-Dual channel ram is a must. 3200-3600mhz, please.
-Storage: 250GB SSD for OS-only drive + 1TB 7200rpm HDD for a...

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
1)I don't see a gpu.
The 3600 does not have integrated graphics.

2)Antec 183.
Find a chassis that lets you run your fans at low rpms WITHOUT turning the inside into an inferno, especially if you intend to install a gaming graphics card.
Open mesh chassis make far more sense for this than these 'silent' chassis with a bunch of padding, and tiny little gaps for airflow.
If you don't plan to install a gaming gpu, disregard.

3)Antec CP-850.
This thing is ancient - from 2009, and has a 5 year warranty. Definitely needs to be replaced for something more modern.
https://forums.tomshardware.com/thr...pply-for-attached-build.3603181/post-21736184

anaturelover

Distinguished
Jun 24, 2012
hi

right ... i intent to try quest oculus link so i d like a gpu good enough like a bit better than the miminal so it does not stutter or lag to much. not overkill decent price good bang for buck cause i wont spend a lot of tim on this i just want to try it .
i think something 570 is the basic if im not mistaken.

What do you mean by WITHOUT turning the inside into an inferno? i feel there is plenty of space in that case. what is a chassi for you ?

open mesh do you mean without side walls?

tor cp850 i feel it is a special psu over kill over build . it has system protection on it so i fell it will last a another couple years and one day stop working. ill buy another psu ( or the same model) at this time.
From
I invite you to read this small post see what you think maybe i have a blind spot.

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
right ... i intent to try quest oculus link so i d like a gpu good enough like a bit better than the miminal so it does not stutter or lag to much. not overkill decent price good bang for buck cause i wont spend a lot of tim on this i just want to try it .
i think something 570 is the basic if im not mistaken.
Are you saying an RX 570? That's not good enough. VR essentially needs a 4K capable gpu.
"The Vive and the Rift both feature two 1080 x 1200 resolution screens, but after calculating for things like eye buffer and lens refraction they come to a combined resolution of 3024 x 1680. Add in the fact that each screen features a 90Hz refresh rate, and at optimal frame rates the Vive and Rift require your rig to process and render a combined 457 million pixels per second. In contrast, a standard 4K screen running at 60fps comes out to a ballpark of 498 million pixels per second."

What do you mean by WITHOUT turning the inside into an inferno? i feel there is plenty of space in that case.
Does/will the chassis get air in/out effectively?
Most of the time, these 'silent chassis' are just gimmicks; low noise, high operating thermals is the typical scenario with them.
It'll be quiet, but you'll end up seeing thermals higher than you're comfortable with, be forced to run faster fan profiles, after which it's no longer quiet.
I even looked up a review of that particular model, and it mentions that the airflow potential is lacking.

open mesh do you mean without side walls?
No. Take the front panels of the following, for example:
Cooler Master MasterCase H500
Lian Li Lancool II Mesh
Fractal Design Meshify C

tor cp850 i feel it is a special psu over kill over build . it has system protection on it so i fell it will last a another couple years and one day stop working. ill buy another psu ( or the same model) at this time.
Well, if you're sure... I just believe it's good practice to replace the psu if you're past the warranty period.

Where the bottleneck is depends on the situation. I run an occulus on my 390 as well as my wife's machine which has a 580. That said I'm looking to upgrade my GPU next year as it's nice to use high and very high settings on newer games and stay above 60fps which is not always possible in the 580 range.

If you want quiet and have some performance you should target a Radeon 5600XT or an nVidia 2060. They are more efficient and tend to be more quiet than the older and Radeon 480/580/590 and the nVidia 1060/1660TI, but it just depends on the board maker. You should look for reviews on potential cards and pay attention to decibel levels under load. If you want more GPU power and still have it be decently quiet you should start looking at water cooling.

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
View: https://imgur.com/7tr8xJH

Seriously, too much focus on bottlenecks.
The 3600 doesn't even have integrated graphics, so nothing would happen.
If you want to be able to play VR smoothly, then get a 4K gaming capable gpu - the 2 have similar hardware requirements.
-Prioritze the gpu: At least a RTX 2060 or GTX 1070Ti
-Have a decent power supply to handle it: https://forums.tomshardware.com/thr...pply-for-attached-build.3603181/post-21736184
-If you have to cut corners to make the 2 points above possible, cut corners on the cpu: Ryzen 3100, 3300X, or 2600.
-Dual channel ram is a must. 3200-3600mhz, please.
-Storage: 250GB SSD for OS-only drive + 1TB 7200rpm HDD for a game library, or I guess you could put it all on a single 1TB SSD, if you want.

If you don't want to play VR, you can easily get away with less. For some 1080p 60/120 gaming:
-RX 570/580, GTX 1650 Super
-RX 5600XT, GTX 1660 Super

Solution

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
-Factory overclocks
-RGB LEDs
-Stronger cooling solutions
-Price is where supply and demand reach equilibrium. The 20 series is no longer in production though, so retail prices are actually higher than what they used to be. The 2nd hand market may be a better alternative.