Ask Me Anything - Official ASUS Representative

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

etaxdoa

Distinguished
Oct 24, 2012
What happened to HomeTheaterGate, will it return?

Did I just get passed up an hour ago?

When will 8/9000 radeon cards be released for consumption?

frogo369

Distinguished
Nov 28, 2011

Currently the add in card has been supplied to Intel's validation labs. We have completed our internal validation and testing but there are requirements by Intel to ensure interoprability and compatibility. Until they complete the validation the card cannot be sold.

raja@asus

Distinguished
Sep 28, 2011

1) A bit vague, but there should be no issue at all.

2) Soon :)

raja@asus

Distinguished
Sep 28, 2011

It would present considerable design challenges. Power being one of them. Given what would need to be cut out, it would make more sense to stick with Z87 - as least as it stands today.

amdfangirl

Expert
Ambassador
Does ASUS intend to support Coreboot instead of UEFI as an option for more open source oriented consumers?

Will ASUS make any products for the mainstream market that are guaranteed to run certain Linux distributions without driver issues?

erik-asus

Honorable
Jun 24, 2013

the correct pronunciation of ASUS is ey-soos. Basically a long A and the last part is like Dr. Seuss

VectorRoll

Honorable
Jun 26, 2013
I have a few questions.

1) Are there going to be anymore MicroATX AM3+ mobos in the near future?
The pickings right now are slim and seem outdated. I would love to see a 900 series MicroATX or a Micro ATX based on the upcoming 1000 series chipset or what ever it is called when it is released with Steamroller.

2) What does the future of the Tuf Series look like?
I am hoping to see an AMD MicroATX Tuf mobo like the Gryphon Z87 just an AMD version.

3) Also will we ever see an Tuf Series GPU?
I would be all over that if there was one. Personally I think the Mars GPU's should have been a Tuf Series GPU and the Aries an ROG. But that is just me. In any case I would love to see a lot more done for the Tuf Series. It seems like ROG gets more attention when the Tuf Series has a very large fan base as well.

One last thing I want to edit in and ask:
4) Why do the AMD Tuf Mobos not have the Armor?
The armor is only on the Intel Mobo's and I have always wondered why that is. I would like to see that on the AMD Mobo's as well.

Those are my questions for right now. :)

Kabobi

Distinguished
Apr 25, 2007
Can you provide any more details about the release of the 39" 4K monitor you announced at CES 2013? A price range or release timetable (other than just Q3 2013) would be great.

frogo369

Distinguished
Nov 28, 2011

It is an extensive process there are multiple tuning aspects that impact usability and the overall experience ranging from application compatibility and scaling, battery life, touch response and much more. In addition we do have to re validate performance metrics and ensure custom developed applications work correctly and optimally. We strive to keep our overall footprint clean though not heavily loading extensive customer applications and framework. This helps to allows us to offer more consistent and frequent updates. In relation to what devices this is complicated can varied depending on hardware requirements that may exist for the update as well all the test noted above. This is also why you see in the mod community custom roms and updates generally have wild variations in their reliability and functionality and performance. We ultimately have to try and ensure that the expectation of a maintain consistent experience is met with each updated release.

thdocta

Honorable
Jun 25, 2013

OK, then I guess I'm doing a microATX build, one more question: will there be any new x79 boards in the September~November time frame when I'm starting the build?

Welcome Asus Reps, the questions have been coming so quick I haven't had a chance myself to ask a question.

Is there an Asus Rampage V Extreme and will it still be LGA 2011?

What is the outlook on LGA vs BGA ? Will you be forced to abandon the LGA socket and will this be just with Intel or both Intel and AMD ?

frogo369

Distinguished
Nov 28, 2011

The focus was to offer something visually different but also to reinforce our perspective of offering a premium product. For many years we have offered a lot of really impressive functions and features whether it be our UEFI, Fan Control, Power Delivery Design, Unique function and features etc... Overall with this in mind we applied a visual presentation of being the gold standard. It looks different but I would recommend give it a chance and see how it looks inside of a chassis especially with the great number of good looking black chassis it offers a clean and interesting contrast in color.

raxx666

Honorable
Jan 29, 2013

Thanks! The boards do look good in an all black case.

raja@asus

Distinguished
Sep 28, 2011

Right now, official support is squarely centered on the Windows operating systems. I am not sure that is going to change as there are complications on making changes like these.

Jerome Palazzi

Honorable
Jun 26, 2013
My answer to frogo has been deleted.. I was telling that this is wrong, the 7970 top is locked, only a minor parts can unlock with an old gputweak, 95% can't because asus changed the bios to correct this bug. Asus made everything to lock the card, search on google you will see every forums whining about this.
The only people who have unlocked it flashed the card with a matrix bios but it didnt work very well.

So either its a bug and asus failed to detect and correct, either its working as intended to force us to buy a mobo with hotwire or a matrix.... in this case this is very sad when sapphire are selling cheaper cards with core unlocked. Because of this I tell you lots of people are disapointed by asus, the tests arent telling that the card is locked and when you buy it.. surprise..

Why do you let retailers determine warration durations? Isn't it traditionally the manufacturer that determines duration of manufacturer warranty? I've sent several emails to enquire about warranty details, but never received any response.

Status
Not open for further replies.