Ask Me Anything - Official Thermaltake Representatives

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tt-Shannon

Honorable
Aug 14, 2013

Hi There,

The Metro Leather bags can be found here:

(Brown) http://www.thermaltakeusa.com/store/Product.aspx?C=1225&SC=1235&ID=2255
(Black) http://www.thermaltakeusa.com/store/Product.aspx?C=1225&SC=1235&ID=2254

as for the cooler which model exactly were you referring? there is the M1-Pro, M2 and M3-Air

Kerbey Pucket

Honorable
Aug 21, 2013
I have been dedicated to my Xaser IV ever since its release. The reason why I have not upgraded is because I have not found another quality case with an efficient locking mechanism that will prevent intruders from booting my beautiful machine or opening my machine and possibly stealing the parts.

Why has thermaltake stopped producing chassis with lock mechanisms?

WHat happened to the Xaser series?

Tt-Shannon

Honorable
Aug 14, 2013

Hi There,

Like many things the Xaser was eventually phased out.
The thing is that the market demand for locking front panel doors has been very low so we discontinued that and focused on items where users demanded more.

If there is enough demand we are always willing to look at new ideas or even revisit some designs.

G

my thoughts exactly

crooked windows

Distinguished
Jul 4, 2013
Are you expanding to the Low Profile range? eg BigTyp Revo Q2 Is there anything in the tubes to enhance them to disperse / conduct. ?

And is there anything special planed production wise for your crystal anniversary ?

Tt-Shannon

Honorable
Aug 14, 2013

We have many things for cooling, and low profile is not left out of the mix, but some is merely concept as lower profile coolers take alot of design time to ensure you do not lose function and performance due to orientation.

Tt-Shannon

Honorable
Aug 14, 2013

LAN Cases we know are popular... and we are not against revisiting handled cases but the design has to be right and I would not worry as we are always coming up with new ideas.

Tt-Shannon

Honorable
Aug 14, 2013

Sorry guys hes right but I will try to answer them as I see them come thru.. But if I do not see them tonight I will get to them tomorrow.

so please feel free to keep the questions coming.

Genzo

Honorable
Jul 28, 2013
And aside from making Modular Drive Cages.

Corsair Air 540 brings the Stealth Type Case.

It hids the drives and PSU from a different compartment.

This is also one of us watercooling enthusiast wants from a case.

Just to bring this up. Because the 540 had a huge spotlight for that.

Just to give some few ideas for the future cases you will be making :)

Tt-Shannon

Honorable
Aug 14, 2013

We noticed that, and yes It is a very nice design. We are always innovating so just keep an eye out as some stuff that is coming I think may really be something you will like.

I believe that water cooling is getting more popular and is fast becoming the best way to dissipate heat. Does Thermaltake have any plans on making double wide cases to accommodate radiators behind the motherboard instead of trying to make cases taller and deeper , maybe wider. There are a couple of case manufacturers that do that already but the price is pretty high.

craige4u

Distinguished
Dec 19, 2005
Guyz,

I own Armor MX+ and I simply love it and would love to upgrade... but I wonder why TT is not manufacturing any cases with full side window like the Armor series.. ? Infact, none of the other manufacturer is having a big window on the side-panel. If you have anything like this on the pipeline coming soon do let me know.

Apart from this, TT support in India is very weak and when I purchased the case I haven't got side fan cable with it and I have tried to get it for 2months but couldn't and finally I had to use some home made wire - So plz try to introduce good after sales support/availability.

PS: Refreshing Armor MX+ with black interior/ USB 3.0/SSD Cage/Removable front dust filter would be great!

Tt-Shannon

Honorable
Aug 14, 2013

Honestly I can say that the idea has been evaluated,

Its not out of the question but its not at the top of the list for it either as adding width sometimes cal also make a tower less practical whereas most users have space vertically for a taller tower but more space side to side means more floor space taken.

Where can I get ThermalTake cases in India? Because to find them are extremely rare and there are no Thermaltake Cases in online Indian shops.

Really, you guys should start looking at the Indian market because guys like me are desperately waiting for you.

There are just not enough budget cases in India. Maybe you guys could change that.

Why is thermaltake parts not easily available in India? I mean you guys make some pretty good parts.

Your cases are awesome. Please bring that to India.

It would be highly appreciated by guys here.

Tt-Shannon

Honorable
Aug 14, 2013

Hi there,

Many of our newer chassis have large windows such as the Urban and newer Chaser series.

The usage of larger windows is something you will see as an option in future cases.

I will look into support for your area but honestly I am not familiar with that area but i will see what I can do with my team.

jpishgar

Splendid
Overlord Emeritus
Hey there all!

As it is now been 24 hours, the "official" AMA is concluded!

Epic thanks to the Thermaltake representative who took the time out of his schedule to come and answer all the great questions our community had. We know this was a lot of work on their end, and we're greatly appreciative of the time taken to engage with the community here at Tom's Hardware. :)

For answering questions, a mega-big thanks goes out to Shannon Robb of Thermaltake for being with us during the AMA and for helping to put this together on their end!

As a heads-up, stay tuned to news and articles for the announcement of our next AMA, which will be taking place right around the corner.
Thanks again to all for making this a great success!

-JP

Status
Not open for further replies.