Ask The Community

Status
Not open for further replies.
This has annoyed me long enough.

Who thought it would be a good idea to change the "New Thread" button to "Ask the Community?"

What if I don't want to ask? What if I just have something to say?

What if I don't want to ask the entire community? Can't you see how this is intimidating to a n00b?

There's a thing called internet conventions. You do things the same as other forums because it increases ease of use and gives new members confidence.

Since you changed this button the number of new people hijacking threads has increased dramatically. They don't want to be rude, they just don't understand that "asking the community" means "Make a new post".

Please fix.

Yeah, the thing that confused me at first was where my post would end up. Of course, once you get in you have the little drop down boxes and it is clear(er), but I agree this should be looked into and streamlined a bit.

I concur. It took a bit of time back in the day to realize that there was a "start a discussion" option as well. But yeah, to make things easier it would be great to have the two options right there on top of each sub forum, i.e. "start and new thread" and/or "start a question thread" and "start a discussion thread."

Status
Not open for further replies.