News ASMR for Gamers? Watch Police Steamroll $1.6 Million in Bitcoin Equipment

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

geogan

Distinguished
Jan 13, 2010
The main crime here is that this youtube video is only in 360P resolution in 2021. What kind of potato-cam are they using over there o_O

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member 1560910

I guess these things could be reused like in schools for kids ? This is just stupid. Shame on them

D

Deleted member 1560910

The main crime here is that this youtube video is only in 360P resolution in 2021. What kind of potato-cam are they using over there o_O
Explains alot in this video they cant afford good camera but can afford the destroy 10s of thousands of dollars of PC equipment

Last edited by a moderator:
Explains alot in this video they cant afford good camera but can afford the destroy 10s of thousands of dollars of PC equipment
The PSUs are the only "PC equipment" and those look like server power supplies. As for the ASICs, probably the only reason they were running these was due to the "free" electricity. They look like much older Antminer designs, which would now mine Bitcoin at a loss in most regions. Stealing power on the other hand means they can keep going even when technically losing money on power. I suspect the FIFA 2021 farming on the PS4 that we mentioned in another article was a similar story, though I could be wrong. If you could farm FIFA'21 players and use 150W per PS4 or something (about $0.36 per day in electricity normally), would you make enough to pay for the power without stealing?