News AsRock’s Radeon RX 6400 Mini-ITX Card Could Come to Retail

artk2219

Distinguished
Is the Radeon RX 6400 coming to retail, after all? And if it does, how much will it cost and who will want it?

AsRock’s Radeon RX 6400 Mini-ITX Card Could Come to Retail : Read more

Its still a nice step up from a 1050 ti which would be its direct competitor, so long as the price is right and its on a pcie-4 setup it should make a nice upgrade from an igpu. Ideally if they can make it into a single slot low profile card, it should fit anywhere and it would allow you to turn any ho hum office pc into a little esports gamer thatll also do 1080p low to high depending on the title. Had times been normal and the 6500 xt and 6400 were positioned as the replacements for the RX 560 and RX 550 that they cleary are then they would have been very welcome cards in the sub $120 space

Last edited:
Reactions: prtskg

ezst036

Honorable
Oct 5, 2018
The GPU shortage will get better when Intel releases Arc GPUs wide. More product availability will have the natural effect.(especially once Intel starts using its own capacity instead of TSMC)

The GPU shortage will probably end some time after Intel releases Bonanza Mine. Mining-specific chips are usually much faster than GPUs for the task. There's just no need for miners and gamers to fight over the exact same product lines.

https://www.tomshardware.com/news/i...n-mining-bonanza-mine-asic-at-chip-conference

InvalidError

Titan
The GPU shortage will get better when Intel releases Arc GPUs wide. More product availability will have the natural effect.(especially once Intel starts using its own capacity instead of TSMC)
Until Intel's own fabs get up to speed though, Intel's GPUs come out of the same limited supply as everything else coming out of TSMC's N7/N7P/N6 process, which means that for every GPU wafer Intel gets, someone else, possibly AMD, has one less wafer coming out. Fabbing more stuff on an already supply-limited process won't help overall supply much.

The GPU shortage will probably end some time after Intel releases Bonanza Mine. Mining-specific chips are usually much faster than GPUs for the task. There's just no need for miners and gamers to fight over the exact same product lines.
All Bitcoin mining is already done on ASIC miners as BTC hasn't been profitable on GPUs for years already. Intel jumping into that fray won't make things any better for GPUs. It may arguably make things worse by burning wafers on BTC mining hardware instead of making more GPUs.

Reactions: prtskg

prtskg

Distinguished
Nov 18, 2015
I hope manufacturers show more love to small GPUs. Many people buy GPU just for light work and not for gaming. So even 4GB cards are welcome to such people. More efficient cards are always welcome.

InvalidError

Titan
I hope manufacturers show more love to small GPUs. Many people buy GPU just for light work and not for gaming. So even 4GB cards are welcome to such people. More efficient cards are always welcome.
The problem with lower-end GPUs than 50(0) tier is that you are getting close to IGP performance territory where it makes little to no sense to bother with a dGPU. If you want power-efficient, effectively zero footprint low-cost for non-gaming, non-GPGPU use, you cannot beat baseline IGPs and it looks like AMD will make it standard on AM5 just like Intel has for the last 10 years.

prtskg

Distinguished
Nov 18, 2015
The problem with lower-end GPUs than 50(0) tier is that you are getting close to IGP performance territory where it makes little to no sense to bother with a dGPU. If you want power-efficient, effectively zero footprint low-cost for non-gaming, non-GPGPU use, you cannot beat baseline IGPs and it looks like AMD will make it standard on AM5 just like Intel has for the last 10 years.
As long as they sell CPUs (without GPU), they should sell small GPU. I understand AMD these days try to save any penny they can and invest in only those things which give them good money, still...