Question Asrock ab350 k4 won't detect new m.2 drive in bios

Brian_33

Reputable
Nov 15, 2015
I have an asrock ab350 gaming k4 mb. I wanted to take advantage of a sale on a new m_2 drive. It is a Western Digital black sn750. It says it uses NVMe. The drive has been installed and was detected in win 10. I cloned my C drive to it and currently when I use my PC it shows up as an additional drive.

However the speed of this drive means it should be the boot drive, not a data drive. And when I go through the bios it's not showing up as a HDD. There is another section in the storage section ....advanced tab, storage configuration, m2_1. But it doesn't show there either. When I disconnected my current C drive and tried to boot up I was unable to. I can't detect a drive in my bios that is in working order. So I figure the failure is me not understanding the bios for this motherboard.

Does anyone have experience with this asrock board or a similar one to help me ?

Brian_33

Reputable
Nov 15, 2015
Thanks, I see there was a newer version with support for SSDs and I snagged that. Now it shows up in my list of drives in the bios but I can't seem to use it to boot. That however is a separate issue. Maybe EaseUS Todo didn't clone the drive perfectly.