[SOLVED] asrock aura sync killer x370 setup help

Solution
I understand but think mightve got a little side tracked lol my board support the 4 PIN. I was just trying to confirm if the Fans I linked [and pulled the trigger on] will work.

I did find a youtube video show they will work since they have 4 PIN setup and will also be addressable.

Hopefully they will work as good as the ARGB and sync all good and purty!

EDIT: that being said thanks for helping!!
Quote fram that linked ad
"Package included: Individually non-adressable RGB (4PIN RGB Header , 12V) Case Fan 120mm x 3 (please do not connect our non-addressable RGB fan with our addressable RGB control hub"
so you are good to go with them.
Looking for help to buy proper RGB fans and adapters if needed. Not 100% sure how to go about this.

any helps, guides would be appreciated. below is my mobo and the rbg fans I'm considering.

Motherboard: AC/SLI x370 Killer
RGB Fan: Antec Spark 120 - Link below
[https://www.amazon.com/Antec-Spark-120mm-Radiator-Packs/dp/B07V32FKVT/ref=sr_1_1?crid=U22F1RN4458A&dchild=1&keywords=antec+spark+120+rgb&qid=1590012165&sprefix=antec+spprk+120,aps,134&sr=8-1 ]
Those fans have ARGB (addressable/digital) LED inputs which your MB doesn't have.
Same company also make same fans but with "ordinary" non addressable RGB lights.

wittypixel

Honorable
Oct 29, 2016
Those fans have ARGB (addressable/digital) LED inputs which your MB doesn't have.
Same company also make same fans but with "ordinary" non addressable RGB lights.

I already pulled the trigger on these last night. Product box says the are Asus Aura sync ready.

also could you explain addressable RGB header versus non addressable? it looks like my board does have two 4 PIN RGB headers. from what I've been reading the 4 PIN = addressable but again I'm very new to this.

Check PDF manual below, on page 13..... looking at items 10, 16 & 17. Seems those should be addressable.

https://download.asrock.com/Manual/X370 Killer SLI.pdf

I already pulled the trigger on these last night. Product box says the are Asus Aura sync ready.

also could you explain addressable RGB header versus non addressable? it looks like my board does have two 4 PIN RGB headers. from what I've been reading the 4 PIN = addressable but again I'm very new to this.

Check PDF manual below, on page 13..... looking at items 10, 16 & 17. Seems those should be addressable.

https://download.asrock.com/Manual/X370 Killer SLI.pdf
ARGB is different, it works on 3 wire 5V as opposed to straight RGB that works of 4 wires and 12v, not interchangeable .

hmmm, sorry but i don't think I follow lol could you break it down a little more for me.

also the fans did state Aura Sync compatibility, thoughts on that?
In an RGB strip or fan there are 3 LEDs for each segment, one each that emit Red, Green or Blue light when they get appropriate voltage (12vdc).
Connector to PC has 4 pins, one is source of positive voltage and when you connect any of other 3, it lights up corresponding color diodes. That's analog way.
Think of ARGB as digital control of colors in LED strip or in fans. it has only 3 wires, two of them are + and - 5vdc and thru third one is sent digital signal which forces a micro controller in light strip or fan to light in appropriate color and shade according to that signal.
In both of them varying colors and shade combination makes light in other colors like Yellow Orange , Blue all way to white light.
Digital /ARGB is proffered because it can produce more color shades and more accurately.
As you can see both systems are incompatible on several levels and can't be converted in simple and direct way.

wittypixel

Honorable
Oct 29, 2016
In an RGB strip or fan there are 3 LEDs for each segment, one each that emit Red, Green or Blue light when they get appropriate voltage (12vdc).
Connector to PC has 4 pins, one is source of positive voltage and when you connect any of other 3, it lights up corresponding color diodes. That's analog way.
Think of ARGB as digital control of colors in LED strip or in fans. it has only 3 wires, two of them are + and - 5vdc and thru third one is sent digital signal which forces a micro controller in light strip or fan to light in appropriate color and shade according to that signal.
In both of them varying colors and shade combination makes light in other colors like Yellow Orange , Blue all way to white light.
Digital /ARGB is proffered because it can produce more color shades and more accurately.
As you can see both systems are incompatible on several levels and can't be converted in simple and direct way.

I understand but think mightve got a little side tracked lol my board support the 4 PIN. I was just trying to confirm if the Fans I linked [and pulled the trigger on] will work.

I did find a youtube video show they will work since they have 4 PIN setup and will also be addressable.

"Package included: Individually non-adressable RGB (4PIN RGB Header , 12V) Case Fan 120mm x 3 (please do not connect our non-addressable RGB fan with our addressable RGB control hub"

Solution

wittypixel

Honorable
Oct 29, 2016

Thanks again Countmike! and I see what you mean about the 12V RGB not being as good. Definitely will go with DRGB for next and future builds and research controllers, etc.

Was definitely a good little project during quarantine, and I learned a lot. Thank you thank you thank you!!