Question AsRock b450 steel legen no post, no beep, no display, after working properly

Jan 28, 2023
I have bought the b450 steel legend in combination with the AMD Ryzen 5 5600G.
Including two memory sticks of 8GB each i had the build working.
To prepare the system for windows 11 i only had to enable the secure boot.
After some reading i tried the option 'enable EUFI boot' and i was playing around with 'fast boot'.
Now, after saving the settings i rebooted the system and thats when nothing worked anymore.
The fans on my MB, and green leds do work, but nothing anymore.
After trying to enter the BIOS i figured i'd do a reset, since i expected the system to go to the state i initially received.
After reading, i did the following to reset the BIOS:
  1. Remove any cables form the computer (power, HDMI, etc)
  2. Connect the jumper switch (part 19 on the design overview)
  3. Hold the power button for 30 seconds
  4. Remove the CMOS battery
  5. Wait for 5 minutes (tried a couple of times, wating 10 minutes and 12 hours)
  6. Inserted battery
  7. Removed jumper connection
  8. Restarted system
Now after that, the system doesnt do anything, except for fans that run and lights that shine.
There is no display on screen, not over MB not over GFX.
Using a GFX card, or have none installed, no difference.
I have two 8GB RAM cards, tried in any combination over the slots, nothing
Used only one card, tried all slots, nothing. Not even with the other memory card.
I tried the debug speaker, but no sound there. After i did a faulty installation of the RAM, the 3 beeps as expected worked. There was no other signal after correctly installing the RAM.
I am out of options.
One thing i now feel bad about, is that jumping the system (resetting the bios), affected the BIOS version, so the CPU is not supported anymore? I know this is a very far stretch, but i have no clue for any other options.

How can i get out of this boot issue? Especially when everything worked fine before i tried playing with EUFI en fastboot?

Thank you so much for your help!

I have bought the b450 steel legend in combination with the AMD Ryzen 5 5600G.
Including two memory sticks of 8GB each i had the build working.
To prepare the system for windows 11 i only had to enable the secure boot.
After some reading i tried the option 'enable EUFI boot' and i was playing around with 'fast boot'.
Now, after saving the settings i rebooted the system and thats when nothing worked anymore.
The fans on my MB, and green leds do work, but nothing anymore.
After trying to enter the BIOS i figured i'd do a reset, since i expected the system to go to the state i initially received.
After reading, i did the following to reset the BIOS:
  1. Remove any cables form the computer (power, HDMI, etc)
  2. Connect the jumper switch (part 19 on the design overview)
  3. Hold the power button for 30 seconds
  4. Remove the CMOS battery
  5. Wait for 5 minutes (tried a couple of times, wating 10 minutes and 12 hours)
  6. Inserted battery
  7. Removed jumper connection
  8. Restarted system
Now after that, the system doesnt do anything, except for fans that run and lights that shine.
There is no display on screen, not over MB not over GFX.
Using a GFX card, or have none installed, no difference.
I have two 8GB RAM cards, tried in any combination over the slots, nothing
Used only one card, tried all slots, nothing. Not even with the other memory card.
I tried the debug speaker, but no sound there. After i did a faulty installation of the RAM, the 3 beeps as expected worked. There was no other signal after correctly installing the RAM.
I am out of options.
One thing i now feel bad about, is that jumping the system (resetting the bios), affected the BIOS version, so the CPU is not supported anymore? I know this is a very far stretch, but i have no clue for any other options.

How can i get out of this boot issue? Especially when everything worked fine before i tried playing with EUFI en fastboot?

Thank you so much for your help!
There is a lot here sorry if I missed anything....

My main question is how long are you waiting for the system to boot before calling it.... The first initial boot of any mobo even after a CMOS reset takes upto 3mims for a display not normal anymore for that long but can take upto three minutes to do a system boot check before posting to go over the components and make sure all is proper in the machine

Jan 28, 2023
There is a lot here sorry if I missed anything....

My main question is how long are you waiting for the system to boot before calling it.... The first initial boot of any mobo even after a CMOS reset takes upto 3mims for a display not normal anymore for that long but can take upto three minutes to do a system boot check before posting to go over the components and make sure all is proper in the machine
I know, sorry for making it such a long post, i tried to include all of my steps.
So after i ran the system, it worked perfectly smooth on windows 10.
To upgrade to windows 11 i had to enable secure boot, where i modified the bios.
Thats when things went south.
The system got into a loop of 30 seconds, so i let it run for 30 minutes eventually, but it kept rebooting.
Would it be able to get back in that state where it would do the initial check?
I tried resetting the CMOS again using the jump switch and battery removal.

Jan 15, 2023
These are wild guesses based on some strange personal experiences and a quick google search for your problem, but if everything seem to work (fans, rgb, etc) but no display, try these:

1. Try another monitor
1a. Make sure the input source in the monitor settings is set to the proper GPU output
2. Try using an older video card with a VGA port, to at least get you to BIOS

I've had this exact issue after upgrading a cpu on an old platform, after reassembling it back in the case, i couldn't get any display. Switching from HDMI to the VGA port on the GPU (out of desperation) worked. I don't remember what i did after that but it was easy from there

Jan 28, 2023
I did not try cycling the board without a CPU, can that be done without any issues?
The board was send back for RMA and the vendor updated the bios to the latest update.
After i get it return, it still runs with the exact same symptoms.
The HDMI cabel was switched a couple of times, tried display port and other things, nothing seems to make a difference.
Any suggestions?