Question asrock b450m pro4 boot loop

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 13, 2019
i recently bought some items for a new build, but when i tried to boot it it kept turning on, staying on for 20-30 secs and then shutting off again.

PC components:

Ryzen 5 2600,

Asrock b450m pro4,

Be quiet! System power 9 600W,

xfx radeon rx 580 xxx edition,

G. Skill Ripjaws V 16GB 3200 Mhz

i dont know what to do. I tried clearing the cmos(with a paperclip because the motherboard didnt include a jumper)

i tried reseting the bios by unplugging the power from the wall and pressing power button, then taking the battery out for 5 minutes and putting it back on.

i double checked if the cables were in the right place.

All fans are spinning however, it doesn't seem to be working properly.

I'm afraid it might be either that the motherboard is fried or that the cpu isnt well seated and/or it has some bent pins from the installation process. Thanks to everyone that helps me resolve my issue

logainofhades

Titan
Power supply could be a problem. I do agree with trying a single stick of ram, at a time. Also, making sure they are in the correct slots, per your motherboard manual. Was this all new parts, or were some used part used as well? Did you check to make sure the heatsink is properly installed?

Oct 13, 2019
Power supply could be a problem. I do agree with trying a single stick of ram, at a time. Also, making sure they are in the correct slots, per your motherboard manual. Was this all new parts, or were some used part used as well? Did you check to make sure the heatsink is properly installed?
What do u mean. Could the cpu cooler affect the way the computer works? And no i dont have any old parts, they are all brand new

Rogue Leader

It's a trap!
Not sure what you're trying to prove. The tv is the one that might not support 640x480 resolution !!! Have you read my post?

Stepping in from the moderator front here since this was reported. Any and all LCD TV's made in the past 10 years will support 480i, 480p, 720p, 1080i, and 1080p at a minimum (unless you buy a really cheap tv that doesn't support 1080p), the important part of this though is the 480i/480p, which is actually 720x480. That will display a 640x480 signal with 2 black bars (or stretch the picture) without an issue. This is a common trait.

Please drop the argument. This is taking the OP's thread off topic and not helping him.

Status
Not open for further replies.