Question Asrock b450m Pro4 issue

jrego

Distinguished
Oct 26, 2012
Hello.

I was wondering if anyone has any ideas to solve problem. I bought this motherboard second hand with the intention of building a new system one I had gathered all of the parts.

When buying the motherboard the seller informed me that the BIOS has been updated so I could use a Ryzen 5 CPU in it. I have built the system but when booting up it seems to be in a power loop that rats every 30 seconds or so. I was told this may be performing since sorry if ram check (I forget what it is called).
This does not seem to have been the case as it was only supposed to last 20-30 minutes.

i have also tried booting with only one stick of ram which didn't work either.

I Suspect that it may in fact be a BIOS issue but I do not have an old ryzen CPU to put in so I can update the BIOS. Is there anything else I can do?

thanks in advance for any advice.

jrego

Distinguished
Oct 26, 2012
full system spec? include brand and model of the psu
ryzen 5? or 5th gen?

Asrock b450m Pro4 motherboard
Team group TLGD48G3000HC16CBK 16gb ddr4 ram (2x8gb)
AMD Ryzen 5 5600
Thermalright Macho Rev-b CPU cooler
Cooler master GX 650w 80+ bronze psu (product number: RS-650-acaa-d3

I will also be putting an EVGA RTX 2060 in as well. I hope that is all the information you need and thanks in advance for the help.

Jan 19, 2023
It sounds like you may be experiencing a power loop issue with your new system. This can be caused by a number of things, including a BIOS issue or compatibility issues between the CPU and the motherboard.

Since the seller informed you that the BIOS has been updated to support a Ryzen 5 CPU, it's possible that the issue is related to the BIOS. However, without an older Ryzen CPU to update the BIOS, you may have to try a few other things to resolve the issue.

One thing you can try is to clear the CMOS (Complementary Metal-Oxide-Semiconductor) by removing the battery or using the jumper on the motherboard. This will reset the BIOS settings to default and may help resolve any corruption issues.

You can also try removing all components from the motherboard except the CPU and one stick of RAM, then see if the system will post. If it does, you can then add the other components back one at a time to see if one of them is causing the issue.

It's also worth checking if the RAM is compatible with the motherboard, you can check the QVL (Qualified Vendors List) for the motherboard to see if the RAM is listed as compatible.

If none of the above solutions work, it's possible that the issue is related to a hardware problem with the motherboard. In that case, you should contact the seller or the manufacturer for assistance.