Question ASRock B450M Pro4 turns on but cycles restart

Apr 2, 2020
MoBo: ASRock B450M Pro4 (New)
CPU: Ryzen 5 3600 w/ Wraith Cooler (New)
Ram: G.Skill Trident Z RGB 2x8gb 2400mhz (used)
GPU: MSI GTX 1060 6gb (used in my previous build)
SSD: Samsung Evo 860 256gb (used in my previous build)
HDD: WD Blue 1tb (used in my previous build)
PSU: Thermaltake Smart 600W 80+ (used in my previous build)
Case: Montech Air 900 Mesh ATX Mid-Tower

So I’ve just been sitting with this thing in front of my for the past 6 hours trying to troubleshoot on my own. Here’s what I’ve done so far:
  1. Resetting CMOS via battery removal after draining power through the power button and shorting with a screwdriver
  2. Taking out and moving around the ram
  3. Unplugged and plugged back in the 8pin and 24pin connectors
  4. Removing and reinserting the cpu, gpu, and connectors from the case to the Motherboard

I read that the motherboard came with the latest bios that was set for Ryzen 3000, so it should be compatible with 3rd gen chips.

After hours, I’m still stuck with a pc that boots up but goes into a continuous cycle of restarts until I unplug or hit the killswitch on the power supply. I also don’t get any beeps for error codes since there isn’t a clear way of placing the speaker onto the motherboard.
Please help! Thank you!

kanewolf

Titan
MoBo: ASRock B450M Pro4 (New)
CPU: Ryzen 5 3600 w/ Wraith Cooler (New)
Ram: G.Skill Trident Z RGB 2x8gb 2400mhz (used)
GPU: MSI GTX 1060 6gb (used in my previous build)
SSD: Samsung Evo 860 256gb (used in my previous build)
HDD: WD Blue 1tb (used in my previous build)
PSU: Thermaltake Smart 600W 80+ (used in my previous build)
Case: Montech Air 900 Mesh ATX Mid-Tower

So I’ve just been sitting with this thing in front of my for the past 6 hours trying to troubleshoot on my own. Here’s what I’ve done so far:
  1. Resetting CMOS via battery removal after draining power through the power button and shorting with a screwdriver
  2. Taking out and moving around the ram
  3. Unplugged and plugged back in the 8pin and 24pin connectors
  4. Removing and reinserting the cpu, gpu, and connectors from the case to the Motherboard
I read that the motherboard came with the latest bios that was set for Ryzen 3000, so it should be compatible with 3rd gen chips.

After hours, I’m still stuck with a pc that boots up but goes into a continuous cycle of restarts until I unplug or hit the killswitch on the power supply. I also don’t get any beeps for error codes since there isn’t a clear way of placing the speaker onto the motherboard.
Please help! Thank you!
When you say "you read that motherboard supported" , did the box for the B450M have a sticker that says it is Ryzen 3000 compatible? If not, it is difficult to say for sure.

Reactions: Thwamp
Apr 2, 2020
When you say it goes into a continuous loop of restarts, does that mean you can't enter the BIOS or that you can't boot Windows?
If you are trying to use an old Windows install (from a previous build), that is why it won't boot.
It powers on but then restarts with no video signal. My peripherals aren’t responsive either.