Question Asrock B450M Steel Legend bios update for Ryzen 5600X

Privates

Commendable
Mar 1, 2020
Hi, need input to updating my motherboard so it can using for ryzen 5600x.

i have this asrock B450M steel legend never updating bios. using as come as is out of the box, not sure which version but i'm sure it's bios not yet for ryzen 5000 series because i'm buying it before 5000 series comes out

according to asrock website

unknown.png

the bios update is version 3.60 to use for ryzen 5000 series. but my question is, if i download version 4.20 will it be support for ryzen 5000 series? or just stick to 3.60 version?

so should i be using 3.60? or 4.20?

is it safe to update bios? also what is the rundown to upgrading bios? should i put 5600x 1st and updating bios? or still use old cpu, updating bios and then swap cpu?

Also will it stable? or just buying new motherboard B550?

Last edited:

Lutfij

Titan
If you're buying a new system with the Ryzen 5000 series processor, you're best off getting the B550 chipset. If you currently have the B450 chipset board, I'd advise on updating the BIOS to the latest to remove any compatibility issues as well as introduce performance benefits. What processor are you currently working with?

Reactions: Privates

Privates

Commendable
Mar 1, 2020
If you're buying a new system with the Ryzen 5000 series processor, you're best off getting the B550 chipset. If you currently have the B450 chipset board, I'd advise on updating the BIOS to the latest to remove any compatibility issues as well as introduce performance benefits. What processor are you currently working with?

hi, thanks for input. i'm using ryzen 2600, and it bottleneck with my new gpu. so thats another reason to upgrading my cpu beside become old