Question Asrock B550 Phantom itx refuses to boot with 5800x3d

May 15, 2024
This is a long story so strap in. Recently I upgraded my 3800x to with a 5800x3d and the swap went flawlessly. Then I decided to replace my 3080 with a 4070ti super. The first one that I received from amazon was faulty so I returned it and bought another one directly from microcenter. Upon installing it I got no display no matter what i tried. So I grabbed my old 3200G so that I could use its IGPU and find out whats going on. Upon installing it I finally got a display and booted into windows. I installed the new graphics drivers and restarted. Now plugged into the gpu I was getting a display. So figuring that was the end of it I installed my 5800x3d once again and to my surprise got no display. I figured that I should update the bios and after downloading the most recent one was dumbfounded after I once again got no display. I tried clearing the cmos, reseating everything, different ram sticks, ect. I know all of the hardware works because i've tested it with another system I just don't understand why it wont boot with this specific config. (I have a sf750 80+ platinum power supply) SO my question would be- How do I fix this issue before the elden ring dlc comes out -_-.

May 7, 2024
Did you try clearing the BIOS memory by removing the battery or shorting CLRCMOS1? It's better to do it using the latter as it's more consistent. Disconnect the PSU then short the two pins using a conductive material for 3 seconds.

Your BIOS version is almost certainly correct (minimum 1.20, released nearly 4 years ago). Your CPU works. Your GPU works. Your RAM works. Your motherboard works (at least enough to pretend that it does). Your CPU and motherboard are compatible. Really not sure what else it could be. It's not like the 5800X3D interfaces with the hardware any different so I really doubt it's any peripherals causing issues.

What is the motherboard model of the computer that the 5800X3D worked in? What are its specs compared to yours? Power supply maybe? Maybe try one more time to strip it down to the bare essentials? No drive, 1 stick of RAM, etc. then clear CMOS memory again. I don't think fully breadboarding should be necessary as we have power and it worked with the other CPU.

Last edited: