[SOLVED] Asrock Fatal1ty B450 Gaming K4 +Ryzen5000

Dec 13, 2021
Hi ! So i have Asrock B450 fatality k4 + Ryzen 2600 x , i want to switch it to 5800x , so i bought it and till i wait for it flash bios to latest 5.1 (from 4.1) (everything work with 2600x) and when i saw this :

*To support Renoir/ Ryzen™ 5000 processors, it requires to update the BIOS with Matisse CPU.

How i can fix my mistake now? i still wait to delivery 5800x but its not gonna work yes?

Didnt find info about my specific motherboard, only about x570 series.

Thanks in advance.

Solution
Hi ! So i have Asrock B450 fatality k4 + Ryzen 2600 x , i want to switch it to 5800x , so i bought it and till i wait for it flash bios to latest 5.1 (from 4.1) (everything work with 2600x) and when i saw this :

*To support Renoir/ Ryzen™ 5000 processors, it requires to update the BIOS with Matisse CPU.

How i can fix my mistake now? i still wait to delivery 5800x but its not gonna work yes?

Thanks in advance.
you just need to update the bios of the motherboard to the latest. Here's how to update + optimize it:

First Disconnect from internet, then Uninstall all the processors on device manager (should be 12 on yours, also when it asks for restart, click...

Thanks in advance.
you just need to update the bios of the motherboard to the latest. Here's how to update + optimize it:

First Disconnect from internet, then Uninstall all the processors on device manager (should be 12 on yours, also when it asks for restart, click on no) and the chipset in control panel like this:
unknown.png

• Download this and unzip it, copy the 5.10 file to the flashdrive (make sure the flash drive is formatted as fat32), and plug the flash drive to the most top usb port on the back on the motherboard like this:
    unknown.png

• Restart the pc to bios (spam F2 and Del during boot pc), and update to the latest bios (find instant flash menu, and choose the 5.10 file). Then go to bios again after update and load default or optimized settings, then save and exit. then when the pc is about to boot, power off the psu.

• boot up to windows and install the latest Chipset driver, reboot, then you're good to go.

*do this all offline until reboot after installing chipset driver, also you may reboot to bios after all of this to set the XMP (and previous settings you did). Download needed files (highlighted word) before doing step 1, do the step by orders.

Last edited:
Reactions: _Yuriy_m
Solution
I need to do this with 2600x in socket? And it already 5.1 version,its ok?
yes, just do this step (including the flashing bios again) before you are going to replace the cpu. for now just wait for the cpu to comes, when you are about to replace the 2600x with the 5800x, do the step first and replace the cpu, then boot up without internet and install the latest chipset driver you have downloaded.

Reactions: _Yuriy_m
Yes, it's OK. Asrock says 'update with Matisse' because your 2600X (Picasso) is not officially supported with BIOS version 3.50 and up. It can run in issues when you use a 2600X with that BIOS version.
my friend used the latest bios on b450m steel legend, using 2600, and it is better than the old version, he even gave me proof that he overclocks better and the ram could go up to 3200mhz CL16 from 2666mhz old ram (no xmp). so it is fine actually to update the bios to the latest on B450. it wont drop the support.