Question asrock fatal1ty x470 atx & itx

DefinitelyNotTom

Respectable
Jul 20, 2017
Undecided on which case I want and ended up with 2 unopened motherboards. The asrock fatal1ty x470 atx one and the itx one.

I went back and forth on which case to get. I had decided on keeping the itx mobo, but then I read where multiple people said something about wiring coming loose for the included wifi and that even when one got it fixed, it was still worse performing than all of his other devices.

So that led me back to keeping the atx. Well, now newegg is being dumb and the return button went away as soon as the 30th day STARTED. In other words, today is the 30th day, but the link went away. So surely I can convince them to let me return it, but I don't want to do it unless I'm sure the wireless issues are too bad to realistically be smart keeping the mobo.

If I use the atx one instead, I bought an asus wireless adaptor or w/e they're called (the one you connect internally).

Also, I bought the atx version lolng ago, so if I keep the itx one, I must sell the atx one and the asus card, so more hassle.

Bottom line... thoughts on whether or not the itx one will have those issues I mentioned? I was already not so sure I want to force myself into a 32gb RAM max for the life of the mobo, either.... and 1 m.2 slot.

DefinitelyNotTom

Respectable
Jul 20, 2017
Also, one thing about the itx one limiting the future is this... by the time I'd care for more memory than 32GB, I'd almost surely want a new mobo, anyway. So that's really soemthign I should forget about worrying over. It all comes down to whether or not many have wireless issues and also if I want to deal with the hassle of selling my atx one, just to shave 2 inches off my pc case by using the itx one.

DefinitelyNotTom

Respectable
Jul 20, 2017
I sure don't get much help on these forums anymore.

So not a single person has the fatal1ty x470 itx OR atx to comment on them? Most importantly, for the itx version is the wireless really mediocre like some have said and does the wiring get messed up?