Question ASRock Fatal1ty X99 i7 M.2 not appearing

Jun 20, 2019
Hey Guys I just bought some new M.2 SSDs (ADATA XPG SX8200 Pro 1TB) and I can't seem to get the second one to show up in either the bios or windows setup. It appears if I swap it into the other M.2 slot so I know it isn't the drive.

A few different things I've tried so far, removing all PCIe devices incase the slots were stealing power some how, unplugged all the other drives in the computer, updated bios, cleared CMOS and messed with a bunch of bios settings.

I don't know what to try next I've searched around and tried some of the suggestions on here but to no avail. Any suggestions would be super appreciated.

Another strange thing to note is that the SSD/slot combo that does work does not appear in the bios at all unless you check under a weird feature called "show hardware" where it shows what's plugged into what port on the motherboard. Same thing happened when I installed ram in the recommended slots.

Last edited:
Jun 20, 2019
Which CPU are you using?

*** If you install CPU with 28 lanes, the M2_1 only supports SATA type M.2 module.
6800k which of course only has 28 lanes I can't believe I glossed over that hahahhaha. Would I be able to use a PCIe => M.2 converter card for the second drive? Cause I'm either going to do that or return both and just get a single card that's twice the size.
I appreciate the prompt response