ASRock H81 PRO BTC

AmaanK

Distinguished
Nov 29, 2012
Hi. My question is about the ASRock H81 PRO BTC motherboard. I am looking to buy it because I can't find any board that has 2 case fan headers in my budget. I am going to use my computer for gaming. I am using a Corsair 200R so I wanted both of the fans to work.
Also one of my issue is the power to graphics as mentioned on the website.
*link http://www.asrock.com/mb/Intel/H81%20Pro%20BTC/index.us.asp
*Scroll to 3-way power to vga cards. Is it not possible to power up the card the normal way on this board?
I've heard this is a motherboard for bitcoining (no idea what that is), will this be a problem?
If there are any problems on this board, please mention.

Solution
This board is actually quite good, and there is no reason to skip it. Bitcoin mining is a process where you run multiple (on this board as much as 6) graphics cards 24/7 under 100% load. Yes, this board has only 1 PCI-E 1x16 slot, but for bitcoin mining you can use even 1x slots since bandwidth does not matter for this purpose - however 1x slots cannot provide enough power to graphics card (I'm talking about the power the card gets from the PCI-E slot itself, in addition to 6 and 8-pin connectors). So, the only thing they could do is create additional molex power connectors to power the board for stability. Imagine running 6 GPUs at the same time, you really need to power this thing.

So basically, if you are only going to use a single...
This board is actually quite good, and there is no reason to skip it. Bitcoin mining is a process where you run multiple (on this board as much as 6) graphics cards 24/7 under 100% load. Yes, this board has only 1 PCI-E 1x16 slot, but for bitcoin mining you can use even 1x slots since bandwidth does not matter for this purpose - however 1x slots cannot provide enough power to graphics card (I'm talking about the power the card gets from the PCI-E slot itself, in addition to 6 and 8-pin connectors). So, the only thing they could do is create additional molex power connectors to power the board for stability. Imagine running 6 GPUs at the same time, you really need to power this thing.

So basically, if you are only going to use a single graphics card (for gaming this is the only feasible option with this board, since there is only 1 PCI-E x16 slot) then you don't have to worry at all about additional power connectors. This is just a regular motherboard which is tweaked towards users of 6 graphics cards for bitcoin mining - which doesn't mean you can't use it. You can, and it will work just fine.

Solution

AmaanK

Distinguished
Nov 29, 2012
Hey herrwizo, thanks for your help. Now I just need to get a little information about the warranty on this product from the local dealers. Since I can't see them online.
Again, thanks a lot.