ASRock H97 Anniversary Motherboard Review

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

tuppydog

Honorable
Feb 18, 2016
I'd have to argue that Bitcoin itself has bounced from 200 dollars to 1200 dollars in regards to speculation, however, there is a growing GPU community of miners that switch to the most profitable coin, as you are right, the prices go all over the map. Still this conversation is about the new board, and since it is so close to the design of Asrock H81 BTC, don't you think that this is a direct replacement? It has one less molex connector to power the pci x1 instead of 2 molex connectors, other than that, it sure looks exactly the same as the H81 BTC, what do you think?

I don't know how big the speculative mining market is, but that does look like an intended segment for this board.
Still, mining-only would be satisfied by H81, so there must be other segments for this board. My guess would be for pro-level rendering, as such folks might want to be able to set up a RAID for their data.

tuppydog

Honorable
Feb 18, 2016

I didn't event think of the RAID idea, that would be a good solution. The reason I thought maybe this board would replace the H81 is that I have looked for weeks to see if I could buy one, but it is sold out everywhere...

tuppydog

Honorable
Feb 18, 2016

I was looking at getting a few H81's for the last month or so (everywhere I looked they were sold out), but I am definitely going to buy the H97 (I just found a source), I'll report back on how it works with 6 GPUs, let's see how it does, looks good on paper....

Status
Not open for further replies.