ASRock Joins The Fray, Shows Off X99X Killer Motherboard

Status
Not open for further replies.
We can all safely assume that all major (and most/all minor) motherboard makers will offer boards with the latest chipset(s). I'm sorry, but without pricing (and to a lesser extent, availability) information, that means this "announcement" contained absolutely nothing useful.

Shneiky

Distinguished
I have 2 things to say:

I. I am die-hard ASRock fan
II. I am a super sucker for red and black

And even on the basis on those two - this is one hideous board. ASrock Fatality line is something it should have never existed. It always looked bad, felt bad, performed bad. Even after buys so many boards from them and being amazingly happy with each purchase - sorry ASRock, but Fatality is something that is bringing only bad to your image.

I kind of agree with this, I don't like the red and black of this board, but i think it's because there's too much White and also there's is too much red. The red should have been more accented, like the heatsinks and PCI lanes should have been black, with red text and clips.

Shneiky

Distinguished
ASRock > Z68 Extreme4 Gen3 the best looking board ever. Period. (even with the brown PCB).

ASRock Z68 Extreme 7 and the inheritant Z77 Extreme 4/6 and up and the X79 Extreme line - very good looking. Even with the brown PCB again. Very sleek boards.

ASRock Z87 Extreme - nice looking again.

H77, H87 still looking good.

Since forever the Fatality line is awful. The whole 97 line - well that is a disaster. Fatality 97 looks descent because the whole 97 line is looking bad and all other fatality is even worse. Am I sorry ASRock. Your die hard fan has to hand it to you. With the 90s chipset you really dropped the ball in the design department.

soldier44

Honorable
May 30, 2013
Never used AsRock products before but nice looking board. So the difference in the new X99 boards and current Z97 boards are support for DDR4 and ultra M.2 connectivity?

Status
Not open for further replies.