News ASRock Launches Graffiti-Strewn LiveMixer Motherboards

Sep 25, 2022
I love this!!!! Always nice to see something that isn't "edgy gamer" (like almost all the new AIB 40xx cards and every MSI product ever made).

Giroro

Splendid
I like a lot that they made a purple accented motherboard, especially one that hopefully isn't passing on the cost of an Evangelion License. I like retro paint splatter. The time I used an ASRock motherboard, I liked it a lot better than my last couple MSI mobos.

But I have absolutely no idea what mid 90's graffiti has to do with streaming. I'm also much less likely to buy anything marketed to streamers, as streaming products usually have the same problem as "eSports" products: They tend to be relatively low quality/entry level products sold to tween children at inflated prices.
These companies know well that the word "Streamer" is all you need to turn a simple $15 LED light into an $80 LED light.

Math Geek

Titan
Ambassador
The features are what make it "streamer friendly"

For instance, 23 USB ports and more headers!!! I can't even imagine what it would take to fill 23 ports.

Love the purple as well. Sucks the AMD board is orange. Can't think of anything that would go with it as is.

TechieTwo

Notable
Oct 12, 2022
My guess is that Asrock has excess production capacity and that they are trying to find a means to use it. I don't believe there is a need for 8 unique B650 mobos. More than likely all of these B650 mobos as well as the X670 mobos would have less than a $30 USD cost diff to produce from the $169.95 model to the $529.95 model so clearly some models are cash cows as we see in other markets. IMNHO paying a $1000 for any consumer mobo is a stretch no matter how much hype and marketing claims.

For instance, 23 USB ports and more headers!!! I can't even imagine what it would take to fill 23 ports.

Love the purple as well. Sucks the AMD board is orange. Can't think of anything that would go with it as is.
That's a good question, to which I actually have an answer to, maybe :D

VR Streaming (even non-Proffs).

The Index I have, with only 3 body tracking points, is 4 (6 if you wire the controllers, which you can) USB ports and each extra body tracking point adds one USB. The ideal is 10 point body tracking (2 hands [you can track hands independently to controllers], 2 elbows, waist, chest, 2 knees and 2 ankles/feet), so that puts you at 12 USB ports just using a full body VR experience. Then you have all the stuff to power the cameras and stuff. Depending on how you set the scenes, you can have about 3 cameras? That's 3 more USB, so 15. Then you have whatever other stuff, like microphone or external DAC / sound, keyboard, mouse and normal/other devices? I have a racing chair with the G27 wheel from Logitech and that's 1 USB, so... Yeah, plenty stuff.

I have a B550 and I have... 3 free USBs on the back out of 10, I think? And I want to get more body tracking points shortly :D

Regards.

Math Geek

Titan
Ambassador
thanks for the info. did not know body tracking was a thing in home pc world. that would def use up some ports as you explained :)

the only thing missing from the info is price. i'm guessing those extra ports are from an extra chip or 2. all that extra tracing and such and i'm sure it adds a good bit to the price.

still love the purple though :)

Reactions: -Fran-

I been saying that for a while, sometimes I wonder why so many USB ports, but from some "influencers" the more USB ports the better... :/
But cool designs, they do have a good desgin team , all their boards always looked awesome.