Asrock Rack EPC602-4L/D16 and SSD

William_27

Reputable
Nov 28, 2015
So recently I was building a workstation and for some reason my SSD refuses to show up in bios
Specs:
CPU: 2x E5-2670
Mobo: Asrock Rack EP2C602-4L/D16
RAM: 32GB (8x4GB) Hynix 1333Mhz
HDD: 480GB Chronos SSD & 1TB WD Green
GPU: R9 390X
PSU: XFX 1250W Pro Gold

I've tried switching which SATA port it was connected to, tried changing which SATA power was going to it and nothing seems to work, My hard drive and Optical Drive show up fine.

Solution
Hey there, William!

I'd suggest you try to resolve the issue by resetting BIOS . It will get your BIOS settings back to factory defaults, so you'd need to reconfigure any changes you have made so far. I'd also advise you to check the SATA mode for the SSD and make sure it's set to AHCI and connected to a SATA III port.

If that doesn't help you detect the solid-state drive, you should go to the motherboard manufacturer's website and make sure you have the latest SATA controller & chipset drivers for your model. While on it, you should also check the BIOS version, you might need to flash it (upgrade it).

Hope this helps. Keep me posted! :)
SuperSoph_WD
Hey there, William!

I'd suggest you try to resolve the issue by resetting BIOS . It will get your BIOS settings back to factory defaults, so you'd need to reconfigure any changes you have made so far. I'd also advise you to check the SATA mode for the SSD and make sure it's set to AHCI and connected to a SATA III port.

If that doesn't help you detect the solid-state drive, you should go to the motherboard manufacturer's website and make sure you have the latest SATA controller & chipset drivers for your model. While on it, you should also check the BIOS version, you might need to flash it (upgrade it).

Hope this helps. Keep me posted! :)
SuperSoph_WD

Solution