[SOLVED] ASRock Rack Motherboard E3C236D4U confusion

May 5, 2021
Hello

Im confused about the E3C236D4U motherboard: it is listed twice on the Asrock homepage, once as supports E-2100 xeon and once as supports E3-1200 v5 xeon.

Model number is the same. The 2100 one seems to have straight SATA ports, while the E3-1200 one has the Sata ports looking to the side?

Are these just different revisions of the same board or did Asrock screw up here?

Will both support E3-1200 v5? because this is actually what I'm having!

Seems there is no way to know which one I'm getting, besides the image shown in the product page (eg Amazon).

Solution
Hello

Im confused about the E3C236D4U motherboard: it is listed twice on the Asrock homepage, once as supports E-2100 xeon and once as supports E3-1200 v5 xeon.

Model number is the same. The 2100 one seems to have straight SATA ports, while the E3-1200 one has the Sata ports looking to the side?

Are these just different revisions of the same board or did Asrock screw up here?

Seems there is no way to know which one I'm getting, besides the image shown in the product page (eg Amazon).
The main thing I see about that motherboard is the power limitation of the CPUs. Looks like it is limited to 80W. That seems OK, since the highest wattage E3-1200 V5...

kanewolf

Titan
Hello

The main thing I see about that motherboard is the power limitation of the CPUs. Looks like it is limited to 80W. That seems OK, since the highest wattage E3-1200 V5 CPU is 80W.

Solution