ASRock Releases A85X Based Mini ITX Motherboard

Status
Not open for further replies.

WithoutWeakness

Honorable
Nov 7, 2012
Quite a feature-rich little board. Given that this runs the A-series APU's you could make a nice little HTPC that could also handle some casual gaming without needing a separate GPU. 7 SATA3 ports also opens up the option for a handy little file server.

A Bad Day

Distinguished
Nov 25, 2011
[citation][nom]jhansonxi[/nom]Would make a great little server board if it supported unbuffered ECC memory.[/citation]

Bonus if the server tasks use GPU computing.

ta152h

Distinguished
Apr 1, 2009
I'm still waiting for an E2-2000 based Mini-ITX, which would better suited for this market, but the availability of even E2-1800 based motherboards is extremely limited, forget about E2-2000.

ASUS made an announcement, but still no product.

not sure what's different from a A75X MB... since last i knew the biggest difference in chipset between the two was xfire/sli support and 4 monitor support (vs 3)... and since a mini-itx has but one PCIe slot xfire is a moot point... and since the trinity can't push out gaming level 1080p graphics its doubtful you'll find a need for 4 monitors.

seems sorta pointless to me.

[citation][nom]ingtar33[/nom]not sure what's different from a A75X MB... since last i knew the biggest difference in chipset between the two was xfire/sli support and 4 monitor support (vs 3)... and since a mini-itx has but one PCIe slot xfire is a moot point... and since the trinity can't push out gaming level 1080p graphics its doubtful you'll find a need for 4 monitors.seems sorta pointless to me.[/citation]

Having triple/quad monitor support on low end graphics generally means that the supported monitors are intended for uses other than gaming when all or most of the supported monitor count is used, lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.