ASRock RX 570 freezes on Windows 7 boot after drivers installed

Aug 22, 2018
This is a 6 year old machine. The intent was to upgrade piecemeal (although CPU, MB, and RAM will all come together). I started with GPU, but it seems to be having an issue.

Setup:
Intel Core i3-2105 Sandy Bridge Dual-Core 3.1 GHz
G.SKILL Sniper 8MB DDR3 Model F3-12800CL9D-8GBSR2
(NEW) PHANTOM GXR RX570 4G OC
Crucial M4 2.5" 128GB SATA III MLC Internal Solid

Motherboard is ASRock Z77 Pro 4
Processor is Sandy Bridge (i3-2105). Caution #4 in manual says PCIe will be 2.0, not 3.0 due to Sandy Bridge (vs Ivy Bridge)
PSU is 530W - using 6+2 pin power on GPU. Rosewill Green Series RG530-S12 530W

Issue:
Installing a new GPU, replacing a 550 ti, in an older PC.
After installing new GPU, the fans (2x) start and then stop (maybe 3s).
Installed software drivers from CD. Eventually (after disabling firewall) was able to install AMD software and get the latest drivers.
On restart, fans still shutoff shortly after turning on and PC will not boot past blue Windows screen ("hourglass" circle stops spinning).
Downloaded latest BIOS (1.8) available and did a successful Flash Boot. Same problem
Windows recognizes the device (System Manager) but on restart (after CD or downloaded AMD software install) it will not boot.
I also used Display Driver Unistall (DDU) to uninstall drivers to try again. Same problem.

Concerns:
Ordered GPU new from Newegg but the box was not sealed. Even the cooler I recently ordered was sealed. Wondering if this unit was opened prior to sending.
Previous GPU was 6 pin. 6+2 pin was never user prior, so I cannot confirm it was ever working.
Are the fans supposed to shut off that quickly into boot? I've read they will shut off below 60C, but when does that start?
BIOS is 5 years old (latest on website). I updated from 1.2 to 1.8 to do this. There is a Beta BIOS that is more recent however. Does the new RX 570 require the Beta BIOS or should it work on the "latest" (2013) BIOS?

Additional actions taken:
I went ahead and ordered a new PSU (750W was same $ as 650W) to rule out PSU or cable. It should arrive today *fingers crossed*
I've sent a request to ASRock tech support.
Downloaded Beta BIOS, but haven't flashed that one yet.

Any other recommendations?

Solution
PROBLEM SOLVED!

Didn't refresh Windows or change the PSU.

While I didn't get around to doing a fresh install of Windows, it was that suggestion that led me to the Control Panel and Uninstalling en masse programs that I thought might be on that SSD (which was about to be wiped anyway) and/or were either not being used or gave me some sense of being a potential issue. So, while I can't pinpoint which one was the culprit, it appears to have been a software conflict.
Aug 22, 2018
PROBLEM SOLVED!

Didn't refresh Windows or change the PSU.

While I didn't get around to doing a fresh install of Windows, it was that suggestion that led me to the Control Panel and Uninstalling en masse programs that I thought might be on that SSD (which was about to be wiped anyway) and/or were either not being used or gave me some sense of being a potential issue. So, while I can't pinpoint which one was the culprit, it appears to have been a software conflict.

Solution