[SOLVED] Asrock steel legend rx7800 XT buzzing sound

Semmie

Reputable
Aug 11, 2019
So today I've build my new PC. But whenever the gpu starts working it makes this weird buzzing noise. I've stopped the fans shortly to check if its because of that but even when i stop all 3 the sound goes on. I've filmed the noise in case it helps. I was wondering what the issue is / could be?

video of the buzzing (best heard with headphones or via phone)

Specs to my build;
Cpu: Ryzen 7 7800X3D
Gpu: Asrock steel legend rx 7800XT
Cooler: Lian li galahad SL INF
Motherboard: Asus b650 gaming wifi
Ram: 2x 32gb trident z 6000mhz

Last edited:
Solution
So im back after a while to close the topic. It was after all coil whine. It seems that a lot of cheaper high end gpus suffer from this issue (mainly amds tho). I have swapped psu and the issue still persists. But when i slotted in my old gpu with the new psu i did NOT have coil whine. In the meanwhile I build another pc for a friend, who had the same card but different brand. And his card also suffered from a little coil whine(less than mine).

Reading on the internet it seems to be random, stating that the same card could have some that dont coil whine. In the end i got in touch with the vendor and we are resolving it. I want to thank Luthfij for the troubleshooting help. Have a good one everone

Lutfij

Titan
Sig space specs can and will change over time. It's why we ask users to mention them in the thread's body. I've edited your thread's body to include them.

That being said, how old is the PSU in your build? Although the GPU mentioned in your specs show an MSI while the moniker on the GPU in the video shows ASRock. If the specs to the build in the video and the one in your sig space is different, please clarify.

I also see sleeved cables, are they aftermarket or did they come with the PSU?

Reactions: Semmie

Semmie

Reputable
Aug 11, 2019
Sig space specs can and will change over time. It's why we ask users to mention them in the thread's body. I've edited your thread's body to include them.

That being said, how old is the PSU in your build? Although the GPU mentioned in your specs show an MSI while the moniker on the GPU in the video shows ASRock. If the specs to the build in the video and the one in your sig space is different, please clarify.

So my whole system is new, the PSU i put in today was a straight power 1000w from be quiet. And yes the sleeves used are coolermaster extension kits.

Its been a while since i posted, i just updated my specs.
I didnt think extension cables could cause problems so ill try to do a test without them installed

Semmie

Reputable
Aug 11, 2019

Im back after swapping the cables to their default stock, without the white extenders. But unfortunatly the problem persists. Now that i listened with the back panel open, it did seem a little bit like the sounds come from the PSU. This one is platinum rated but just to be sure ill order a different psu temporarily. if it fixes the sound ill send this one back. Or should i first try to test other things?

Edit: i swapped in my old gpu and that one seems to be making the same noise too, im now relatively sure the main problem is the PSU. Ill update tomorrow if i dont forget

Last edited:
Reactions: Avro Arrow

Semmie

Reputable
Aug 11, 2019
So im back after a while to close the topic. It was after all coil whine. It seems that a lot of cheaper high end gpus suffer from this issue (mainly amds tho). I have swapped psu and the issue still persists. But when i slotted in my old gpu with the new psu i did NOT have coil whine. In the meanwhile I build another pc for a friend, who had the same card but different brand. And his card also suffered from a little coil whine(less than mine).

Reading on the internet it seems to be random, stating that the same card could have some that dont coil whine. In the end i got in touch with the vendor and we are resolving it. I want to thank Luthfij for the troubleshooting help. Have a good one everone

Solution
Jul 11, 2024
Então, estou de volta depois de um tempo para fechar o tópico. Afinal, era um ruído de bobina. Parece que muitas GPUs de ponta mais baratas sofrem com esse problema (principalmente AMDs). Troquei a PSU e o problema ainda persiste. Mas quando coloquei minha GPU antiga na nova PSU, NÃO tive ruído de bobina. Enquanto isso, montei outro PC para um amigo, que tinha a mesma placa, mas de marca diferente. E a placa dele também sofreu um pouco de ruído de bobina (menos que a minha).

Lendo na internet parece ser aleatório, afirmando que a mesma placa pode ter algumas que não fazem a bobina chiar. No final, entrei em contato com o fornecedor e estamos resolvendo. Quero agradecer a Luthfij pela ajuda na solução de problemas. Tenham um bom dia a todos
Cara eu tenho uma rx7800xt steal legend e estou com msm problema eu troquei a fonte o water cooler mais o barulho e da placa no seu caso vc ficou com ela ???nao sei o que fazer se devolvo o barulho e bem chato