ASROCK versus ASUS

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus,alt.comp.hardware,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,uk.comp.homebuilt (More info?)

In article news:<m7tcc.61784$JB2.3969066@phobos.telenet-ops.be>, ElJerid
wrote:
> Why does a new motherboard crashes after a new clean install, while
> replacement of just the motherboard results in a perfectly working
> system?

Are you talking about replacement with an identical board (same make,
type, BIOS, etc.) or just swapping out the board for a different one?

If you are, indeed, replacing apples with apples then the first apples
would seem to be rotten.

Cheers,
Daniel.

"~misfit~" <misfit61nz@yahoomung.co.nz> wrote in message
> Piotr Makley wrote:
> > "~misfit~" <misfit61nz@yahoomung.co.nz> wrote:
> >
> >> Wise people in the know who
> >> weren't overly image-conscious bought Pulsar and saved
> >> approximately 40% and got the exact same ultra-reliable watch.
> >> They're made in the same factory, they just go to a different
> >> 'finishing line' where they are fitted into either a Seiko or
> >> a Pulsar case.
> >
> > But what about quality control? Is that different?
>
> No, not at all. I happened to be in a jewellers shop when a Seiko/Pulsar
rep
> was there, just as they bought out the Pulsar brand. He was explaining it
> the shop owner. The internals come off the same production-line, go
through
> the same QT, and are then diverted to either the Seiko or Pulsar
'finishing'
> line (for fitting into cases), depending on demand.
>
> As I said, my Pulsar hasn't given me a moments trouble in the 10 years
I've
> had it. I told a guy who owned a Seiko (that he paid heaps more for) about
> it and he didn't believe me until I showed him that they have the same
> 'double
> wave' logo on the back (both watches are 100m water resist).
> --
> ~misfit~

Thanks for the heads-up, ~misfit~.

Just bought a nice Pulsar watch for £19.99 + Vat (Vat = 17.5% sales tax, in
UK). I might have passed on it for being too cheap.
--
Doug Ramage