[SOLVED] Asrock X570 Phantom Gaming 4 Chipset Fan Noise & Temperature issue

valeman2012

Distinguished
Apr 10, 2012
  1. The Chipset fan noise gets loud when i open something for light use like Google Chrome to website or Edge to a website.
  2. I also notice temperatures (TMPIN7 sometimes jump to 65C~75C for 2 or 3 seconds the lands back to 62C.
  3. I also applied latest bios update and chipset drivers still does the same thing.
  4. My Graphics Card is also in the top slot or else the computer would not boot.
X570%20Phantom%20Gaming%204(L2).png

Last edited:
Solution
Its well known that the X570 chipsets run quite a bit hotter than previous ones. One solution is to look into better after market cooling, I doubt there is much but like the old days when north bridges still existed and had after market cooling I bet some will come out for this.

One thing you can try is disabling hardware acceleration in Edge and Chrome and instead have it use software rendering and see if that makes a difference.
Its well known that the X570 chipsets run quite a bit hotter than previous ones. One solution is to look into better after market cooling, I doubt there is much but like the old days when north bridges still existed and had after market cooling I bet some will come out for this.

One thing you can try is disabling hardware acceleration in Edge and Chrome and instead have it use software rendering and see if that makes a difference.

Solution

valeman2012

Distinguished
Apr 10, 2012

Yea i thought to myself if those Chipset fan even necessary at all....better me to replace with a low costing third party south bridge heatsink just to get rid of the noise?

b0n312

Commendable
Dec 2, 2017
I have the same mobo with a 3600 and was wondering why that tmpin7 was higher. so i guess it is normal and nothing to worry about? the highest temp it has reached is 81 while gaming
sppCUB9.jpg

Last edited: