[SOLVED] Asrock X570 Taichi ram & cpu

jazzyanne

Prominent
Dec 21, 2019
I've studied the web till my brain is melting.
I have all my parts but the cpu and ram.
Straight question so I can press the order button.
What is most ram I can put in this MOBO and part number or manufacturer?
I'll choose a Matisse or Vermeer cpu, which offers the best performance for my DAW..
Thank you for any help.

Solution
The most amount of:
Physical ram sticks: 4
Clock speed: 4666MHz (OC)
Max RAM capacity: 128gb (@3200MHz. Max ram capacity is determined by the CPU, not the motherboard. This capacity is referring to the 5950X, check the CPU you intend to get)

Manufacture/PN doesn't matter exactly, though I would recommend you google RAM QVL for this board (QVL = Qualified vendors list). Though you can install RAM not on this list as most RAM is still compatible as long as it's the correct gen. QVL is just officially verified RAM tested by the motherboard manufacturer.
The most amount of:
Physical ram sticks: 4
Clock speed: 4666MHz (OC)
Max RAM capacity: 128gb (@3200MHz. Max ram capacity is determined by the CPU, not the motherboard. This capacity is referring to the 5950X, check the CPU you intend to get)

Manufacture/PN doesn't matter exactly, though I would recommend you google RAM QVL for this board (QVL = Qualified vendors list). Though you can install RAM not on this list as most RAM is still compatible as long as it's the correct gen. QVL is just officially verified RAM tested by the motherboard manufacturer.

Solution