[SOLVED] ASROCK X570 Taichi won't let me install Win10

Status
Not open for further replies.

endryus

Prominent
Apr 5, 2020
Hello,
I've been trying to install Win10 for 2 days with no luck. The installation process freezes always at the same point, while detecting devices around 10-20%, then the system reboots and goes into recovery mode, which obviously can't fix anything because the setup wasn't completed.
After 2 days of failed attempts, I went into the BIOS and turned off all the onboard devices and guess what? I was able to get a perfectly working Windows desktop.
So, I installed the motherboard drivers, reboot and everything works.

BUT.... if I enable the Ethernet or Wi-fi/Bluetooth modules in the BIOS, then Windows will not start. It gets to the screen with ASRock logo and spinning dots, after a few seconds it freezes and reboots. It just won't get to the desktop, not even in Safe Mode.
The only way I can start Windows is by keeping the LAN and Wi-fi off, and that's not an option for me.

There are no other devices connected to the board, I put only 1 stick of RAM into the slot A2 running at default 2133MHz for now.
I plugged in only 1 SATA SSD and 1 USB wireless dongle for keyboard/mouse. And the AIO waterpump is connected to a header, all fans run on external power. I use a 650W PSU.

The weird thing is that I can boot a Debian Live and a portable Win10 on a USB drive and they work well, even with LAN and Wi-fi!
But if I try to install Windows on SSD, it fails. I also tried with a different SSD and HDD, same problem as above.

I really hope you can help me.

My system:
ASRock X570 Taichi (latest BIOS)
AMD Ryzen 9 5950X
Corsair Dominator Platinum RGB 3200MHz (currently using only 1 stick at 2133MHz)
Corsair RM650i power supply
Samsung 840/850 and Crucial MX500 SSDs

Solution
I would contact Asrock as that sounds like a sick board.

Obviously you shouldn't have to disable onboard equipment to install windows.
Status
Not open for further replies.