ASRock X99E-ITX/ac Motherboard Review

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

boxfetish

Honorable
Mar 12, 2012
Does anybody know if this is usable in any of the Streacom fanless chassis (i.e. FC5, FC9, FC10)? On inspection it doesn't appear that their heatpipe cooler is compatible with this narrow socket 2011, but I can't get any info from the manufacturer
Does anybody know if this is usable in any of the Streacom fanless chassis (i.e. FC5, FC9, FC10)? On inspection it doesn't appear that their heatpipe cooler is compatible with this narrow socket 2011, but I can't get any info from the manufacturer

[/quotemsg]Streacom probably knows

I will post here if I ever get a response. :)

Arabian Knight

Reputable
Feb 26, 2015

streacom fanless case supports upto 65 Watts CPU.

you will need a 65 watts Xeon for this motherboard in streacom passive case . and the 12 cores 1.8Ghz is 65watts. and the 6 cores 2Ghz is 54 watts

http://ark.intel.com/products/81903/Intel-Xeon-Processor-E5-2650L-v3-30M-Cache-1_80-GHz

http://ark.intel.com/products/83350/Intel-Xeon-Processor-E5-2608L-v3-15M-Cache-2_00-GHz

forget about passive cooling 140 watts CPU will never happen without using a fan.

having said that , I really wish intel releases 6 cores mobile CPU , they already reached 6 cores 2ghz at 54 watts and this is suitable for notebooks ... andif they make a dual channel non xeon of it the TDP will be lower by 5-10 watts.

John Philips

Reputable
May 3, 2014
And also a delid die guard, such as Msi´s solution.

David Abadia

Reputable
Jul 26, 2015
can any body tellme the internal size of the moutblock for the WaterCooling, I want to use it whit the Cooler Master Nepton140XL and i want to know if its compatible. please let me know im in a rush whit this Rig.

David Abadia

Reputable
Jul 26, 2015
can any body tellme the internal size of the moutblock for the WaterCooling, I want to use it whit the Cooler Master Nepton140XL and i want to know if its compatible. please let me know im in a rush whit this Rig.

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff

Nepton 140XL won't fit this style bracket, it uses a completely different mounting system. You might make the AMD bracket fit by slotting the mounting holes a little, however.

Take a look at this picture:

Dynatron_R24_base.jpg

Those are slotted mounting holes, the INNER holes are AMD and the screws for Narrow ILM are in the OUTER holes.

David Abadia

Reputable
Jul 26, 2015
are you sure?? if I understand well: i have to put in the Nepton the Mounts for AMD ths comes by default. take of those Mounts that comes whit the Dynatron(of your image), and the inner holes will be the same as the AMD Holes?
have you done it?

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
No. I'm saying the only way to "make it fit" is to cut the holes of the 140XL's original AMD bracket, so that the holes resemble the holes shown in the photo.

David Abadia

Reputable
Jul 26, 2015
ok Tnx a lot , i think that i understand, and at last i can put an extra piece between those two to makeit fit the holes.....
thanks.... :)

Status
Not open for further replies.