Question asrock z390 phantom gaming 9 motherboard

Aug 10, 2024
So I got a new solid state drive a few days ago. Got it hooked up and formatted and started installing a game onto it and I came back around an hour later and my pc was locked up. I restarted the pc and could no longer find the drive. I checked my connections and even swapped connections with another hard drive and still couldn't find it. I assumed the drive died on me. Then I used a usb connector and I was able to see the drive again. I got another 2 hard drives that are good from another pc and I can't get them to show up either. I don't see them on disk management or in bios. I went into bios settings and selected each port to make sure they weren't disabled or something and I don't see anything that would prevent the drives from showing . My SSD with windows on it shows up no matter what port or cable I use but no other hard drive is detected.

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

When posting a thread of troubleshooting nature, it's customary to include your full system's specs. Please list the specs to your build like so:
CPU:
CPU cooler:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:
Monitor:
include the age of the PSU apart from it's make and model. BIOS version for your motherboard at this moment of time.

Aug 10, 2024
CPU:I9 9900k
CPU cooler:cooler master liquid cooling
Motherboard:ASrock phantom gaming 9 z390
Ram:32 GB ddr4
SSD/HDD:1 TB m.2,500 GB Samsung SSD
GPU:RTX 3070
PSU:MSI MAG A850GL
Chassis:
Monitor:viotek 28 in curved monitor