Question Asrock Z490M-ITX Base Frequency Boost w/ i5-10600

Aug 4, 2020
Hi, I'm having an odd issue where setting the BFB anywhere from 85-125W the draw never goes past 85-87W, I'm mostly using stock bios settings and a small -50mV offset + BFB set to 125W. Is there anything else I should be doing or checking?

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
The 10600 is a locked/non over clockable cpu. You'll find that it's more than likely not going to allow user set frequency/power limits above and beyond Intel set power limits, whether you have a Z board or not. There's far too many other settings used to support power limits, like current duration, current limits, voltages etc that haven't been or won't be allowed to be adjusted. Power = amperage x voltage. Trying to get 125w at current voltage when the currant is limited to 87w power limits, it's not going to get there.

Aug 4, 2020
The 10600 is a locked/non over clockable cpu. You'll find that it's more than likely not going to allow user set frequency/power limits above and beyond Intel set power limits, whether you have a Z board or not. There's far too many other settings used to support power limits, like current duration, current limits, voltages etc that haven't been or won't be allowed to be adjusted. Power = amperage x voltage. Trying to get 125w at current voltage when the currant is limited to 87w power limits, it's not going to get there.
Seems I can reach 95W but there is no benefit to it. Scoring the same in R20 as with the peak draw of 85W.