ASRock Z77 Extreme4 and Galaxy GeForce GTX 670 display issues

Hajje

Honorable
Dec 10, 2012
Hey guys,

first post on here so I guess I'll start off with a hello :)

Just built my first computer with

-ASRock Z77 Extreme4 Motherboard
-Galaxy GeForce GTX 670 2GB
-Intel Core i5 3570K
-Corsair Vengeance 8GB (2x4GB) DDR3
-Sandisk 120GB SSD
-Silverstone Strider Plus 600W ST60F-P

When I dont have the graphics card in and use the onboard I have no issues can ran my computer was able to install operating system able to change bios settings etc but when I put in my graphics card I get no output to my monitor and just the blank signal message. Tried using DVI and HDMI.

Iv already searched through forums etc for ideas made sure I had the right PCIE settings, updated mobo bios, tried installing it into a different PCIE slot but nothing has worked now completely stuck for ideas :S

Im pretty sure the graphics card is definitely getting power because the fan does spin when I turn the PC on,

Hopefully there is a magician out there that can provide some assistance :)

abCasPeRR

Honorable
Jun 6, 2012

Could be a problem with just the card itself, do you have any other access to another computer where you can put it into ?

Hajje

Honorable
Dec 10, 2012
Not readily avaliable, I could potentially meet up with a mate and try it on one of theirs but that might be a few days before I can find time where neither of us are at work/busy. But I guess I'll have to give that a go.

Hajje

Honorable
Dec 10, 2012
Ok so I took the power cables out to double check them then turned it on before plugging them back in without thinking and got a message about please turn off power and connect power cables to graphics card (on the monitor) and when I connected the power cables in (exactly the same ones in same way) it worked o_O

No idea what on earth happened (probably one of your magician's magic) but i'll take it

But thanks so much anyway :D

abCasPeRR

Honorable
Jun 6, 2012

Well good thing it worked out! Have fun!