asrock z77 fatal1ty professional - UHCI

Sayed Ali Ahmed

Honorable
Apr 11, 2015
Hello,

i have asrock z77 fatal1ty professional and i need to know if it supports the UHCI (Universal Host Controller Interface)?

thanks for your help

UHCI was developed by Intel several years ago when the first generation of USB ports were introduced (USB 1.0 & USB 1.1).
It has since been revised to support USB 2.0, and now USB 3.0

If you have any old USB devices which are only USB 1.1 or USB 2.0, do not worry, they will work in a USB 3.0 port since USB 3.0 is backwards compatible with older devices which are not USB 3.0

I assume that's why you asked the question?

Vitric9

Distinguished
Most likely your board will default to AHCI. That is currently the standard but Intel has released a newer controller (NVM Express) which will be a feature on motherboards in the near future.
Master drive is a term of yester-year.

In that case, it looks like the OP didn't mean UHCI after all - he meant AHCI? - completely different thing.
That makes more sense of course, why would anyone want to know about UHCI nowadays anyway? - lol!
Scrap my reply.

Sayed Ali Ahmed

Honorable
Apr 11, 2015
Thank you guys for the info, and yes i mean UHCI - not AHCI
there is some devices like Madcatz arcade stick that need to use the UHCI to work on pc.. so thats why i was asking if i will be able to use the ps3 madcatz arcade stick on my pc, since the ps3 version is the only one available in my country :)