ASRock Z87 OC Formula Mobos Will Have 5-Year Warranty

Status
Not open for further replies.
I could care less about warranty period and more about turn around time. If I'm looking at 2-3 weeks without a motherboard that would be a problem for me. If companies however took on ASUS's stance with there monitors with there ARR service you send to them they pay for it at the same time they send you a replacement then I would be more in favor of that a warranty is only as good as the service a company can render.

5 years warranty is nice. given the current pace of Intel, staying with something like Haswell for 5 years should be fine for most.

However, I wonder what "ASRock provides the five year warranty package as long as the malfunctions and defects occur under normal use conditions and aren't caused by misuse or abnormal operations." means. given this is an "OC" board, what is normal use? a little over volting etc should be covered. what about accidental leakage from water cooling? or condensation from LN2 cooling? they put on that waterproof coating so it should cover those right?

nevilence

Distinguished
May 8, 2012
I am impressed that such a warranty exists, with the disposable/consumer nature of electronics these days, its good to see someone backing their product

G

With how fast Intel stops producing older chipsets in favor of new technology, after a couple of years there probably won't be a replacement available if something catastrophic happens that can't be repaired with a soldering iron. My version of long-term warranty is to buy two identical motherboards, test both and store the other in case the first one dies. The only caveat to that is if the system never dies, you have an extra obsolete piece of hardware laying about.

G

which company has the quickest turn around, in the UK it seems to be gigabyte

You know I kind of can see it being more of a rare thing this time around with mobos in the z87 line. However if anyones going to toss thunderbolt in it will be gigabyte.

G

Works well until you go to claim said warranty and your reply is "Sorry, we don't have any replacements of that part anymore."

hahaha so true

how long did it take to get to them and how long did it take to get a new one.

way to freaking long if you work in a office environment with a ton of computers sure I can see it but if you put your budget into a system and then spend 3 and a half weeks waiting on a return yea no ty I'll just buy another one rma the motherboard receive the new one and sell the damn thing.

And see I can see how that would be less of a bother for your situation. I wonder what the ASUS Sabertooth warranty is like if they have a fast rma process like they do with there monitors.

But again it just begs the question you could have a 10 year warranty and it be worthless.

Corsair for example has a super long warranty on there power supplies but they only take about a week to turn things back to you. EVGA much the same story with Video cards.

Status
Not open for further replies.