Asrock Z97X Killer not posting

sacredbovine

Reputable
Jan 22, 2015
I was playing Pillars of Eternity and the everything suddenly froze then the screen went black. I hard reset but the system no longer posts. I've tried different RAM, integrated graphics, a completely different pcie graphics, unplugged everything but the cpu and still no post. When I power on all fans spin up but nothing happens. I've tried the backup bios on my board as I was running an OC of 4.3 at 1.202V on my i5 4690K and had the ram at 2400mhz but no luck there. Any ideas? I haven't checked ps yet as my old system is stuck in a closet. None of the components appear damaged and all caps are in tact, no bulging.

sacredbovine

Reputable
Jan 22, 2015
ASrock Fastality Z97X killer mobo
Intel i5 4690K (h100i cooler)
16gig G-skill Trident X 2400 Cl10 (4x4)
WD velociraptor 10000rpm hd (storage)
seagate sshd (boot)
EVGA gtx970 SSC
corsair tx750 PSU
NZXT H440 case (Unfortunately lacks a speaker) I'll try and pull one off an old case and let you know.

I get four solid beeps and that seems to point to a system timer failure but I'm getting some funny behavior where the machine turns on then immediately back off, hangs for a few seconds, then tries to post.

-update- so get this. After not posting for two hours I pulled all ram a tried to boot and got a new beep code. Replaced one set and got a post, replaced both sets and got a post. Connected everything back up the way it was and I'm editing from that pc. WTF