News AsRock's 16GB Arc A770 Phantom Gaming GPU is Real

cyrusfox

Distinguished
Always happy to see a sign of life from arc, and the 16gb space is a good proposition. My plan is still to pick them up when they hit the actual budget bin (In the next 18 months I would think). By then its throwaway purchase and the drivers can only be better :grinning:

TheJoker2020

Reputable
Oct 13, 2020
Always happy to see a sign of life from arc, and the 16gb space is a good proposition. My plan is still to pick them up when they hit the actual budget bin (In the next 18 months I would think). By then its throwaway purchase and the drivers can only be better :grinning:
You may find them very difficult to find, as I understand it, they stopped manufacturing the silicon many months ago (perhaps an entire year ago), the (Intel original 8G) samples sent out for review were manufactured in February 2022.

They are actually an attractive option for those that need the video encode/decode, plus extra outputs as a secondary video card, so there is a good likelihood that the 8G variants will hit the market when a solid upgrade for this usage comes out and people replace their cards.

Bear in mind that as new cards are produced using the limited amount of silicon still left, the price changes and availability indications will tell you when the "new" stock is running out, might be an idea to buy then if you want to snag a bargain, but by the time the 16G version like this one are on eBay, there might be better choices for your use case available to you.

I learned some time ago to not predict the prices, availability and the "when" for used components, it sure is a lively market.! Either way, good luck.!

cyrusfox

Distinguished
I learned some time ago to not predict the prices, availability and the "when" for used components, it sure is a lively market.! Either way, good luck.!
I made the mistake of buying Optane when I thought it was a good, deal, can get it for pennies per gigabyte now. I fully expect Arc to go the same way in a year or 2, either Battlemage will come or worse. Just look at the price of the A750. The lowend space is going to compress further eventually. No rush to try it out now while it is still lacking maturity.