Aug 18, 2018
dear all i have odd problem with ac origins

my system
i5 2400 @3.10ghz
ram 12gb : dual channel flex mode
vga : gt 1030 2gb
setting in game : very low preset
game bencmark in game : passed with 45-55 fps

i have confused problem , when at begining everything very flawless never droped below 30fps with GPU usage never cranked to 100% (maximum 85-90%) ,cpu usgae seems normal too

but after several minute played (let say 25-45 minutes but randomly) somehow the game trigered to error mode, my GPU usage cranked to 100% and game lagging , fps become drop below 30fps in crowded city like alexandria , cpu usgae normal nothing change at all

my solution right now only restarted the game again and everything flawless again (even in crowded city or not), until the game trigered to error mode GPU usage 100%

so i called this gpu usage error..

does anyone have solution to my problem ....

Solution

Actually it's reasonably well optimized considering the scope of the game world and all the detail in it. It's not the game, it's your GPU being little more than half of what's required. It doesn't matter if you get what you consider to be acceptable FPS at times, because it can't maintain it, and that's why devs set requirements as they do.

You came here asking for help, but what you're really doing is trying to hold on to wishful thinking. This is not a game for a mere 1030.

It's your GPU for sure. Minimum requirement is GTX 660, which has a passmark score of 4127. Your 1030 scores barely more than half that at 2239. It's always the 2nd digit in a GPU model number that designates where it stands in the model line. A 660 being mid tier, a 1030 being bottom tier.

The other thing is the in game benchmark is not good for judging overall game performance because it is done in the small village of Siwa. Alexandria is much bigger and more hardware demanding. It's the part of the game that taxes your PC most.

Even though Ubi's in game bench is misleading, the primary cause of your performance problem is your GPU not meeting the minimum requirements.

Aug 18, 2018
@frag maniac

what i'm confused is, at the begining of the game, no matter where is place in game, even for the most crowded situation, i have very good fps

okay if the gpu is main suspect, i think i'll consider for replacement ...

thanks ..

Sounds a bit hard to believe really. You'd have to be playing on lowest settings with that spec, and since your GPU is barely more than half the power of the required, I can't imagine it would play any of the more demanding parts of the game at acceptable FPS, on ANY settings.

Here's an example of just the in game bench on same GPU with a 4590, which is quite a bit more powerful CPU than yours. It clearly demonstrates even Med settings are too high.

I've seen even a 1050 Ti with the 2400 run just Siwa in the 30s FPS, which means it would be more like the 20s in Alexandria. It would take something like a 1060 to play it well, preferably a 6GB model.

[video="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EdDjuMTLn_I"][/video]

I've played the game all the way through on a 8700k, GTX 1080, and 16GB RAM, and even with my spec sometimes areas with dense smoke and/or fog started lagging badly. Dropping Fog to High kept it under control.

Aug 18, 2018
i play at 768p and very low preset, and very flawless fps at begining, right now if the game come lagging, i just restart the game , and wait untill the game is become trigered and restart the game again.. tired but i have to do...

i think the game optimization is very bad

Actually it's reasonably well optimized considering the scope of the game world and all the detail in it. It's not the game, it's your GPU being little more than half of what's required. It doesn't matter if you get what you consider to be acceptable FPS at times, because it can't maintain it, and that's why devs set requirements as they do.

You came here asking for help, but what you're really doing is trying to hold on to wishful thinking. This is not a game for a mere 1030.

Solution