Assassin's Creed II PC Dated, Specs Revealed

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

traesta

Distinguished
Dec 10, 2009
so everyone bitching about the price of the game .... this is probably a given to must but I will explain.... hacked software "warez" or pirated software means developers don't make as much off of the titles they release, therefore they charge more to make up for the difference ... your really paying for more than one copy of the game to make up for the cheap asses that won't pay for it .... which makes more people want to download the hacked copy instead of paying for it... its a vicious cycle

etrnl_frost

Distinguished
Jan 9, 2009
[citation][nom]xero9200[/nom]What is up with PC games costing $60 now? It used to be a $50 premium for new games, then somewhere along the lines they decided, "Hey, why not match our console prices even though we make the same profit on both?, If they'll pay $50, they'll pay $60" WRONG! I already hesitate to spend $50 on a game, but $60 crosses the line...I wonder how many more copies they'd sell if games were new at $30...[/citation]
You can thank all the people who bought CoD: MW2 on PC.

Also, requirements are interesting. G92 minimum, but 256B RAM? so... what... really nice shadows but mediocre textures or something? Weird. Hum. Oh well. It will play nice on a lot of rigs out there. Last Steam hardware survey said... a LOT of people are on that GPU or something derivative of it.

cptnjarhead

Distinguished
Jun 22, 2009
[citation][nom]HKH[/nom]If the additional content isn't a "nude version" Then it ain't worth 10 bucks[/citation]
why would you want to see that guy run around "nude"..... i can see tombraider ... but not this game.... but hey.. if that's what u are into...
it would put the "Ass" in assassins creed :)

soul555top

Distinguished
Sep 16, 2009
While I am definitely against the higher price point on a standard PC game, I think this one is slightly different. There is still a reason to question it though.

This version will come with 2 DLC packs that I believe cost extra on the console versions. Let's say that each of the 2 DLC's cost $5 on 360/PS3, then we are getting the standard game for $50 and both DLC's for $10, coming to a total of $60. Seems pretty fair to me, and this is not like MW2 which was the standalone version for $60 on PC.

If the DLC's are free then I am clearly mistaken. The problem here is that this game won't be released till March, which it seems silly to have to pay the full price (game+dlc) for a game that is 3'ish months old...

efeat

Distinguished
Jul 13, 2008
[citation][nom]Regulas[/nom]When I read "optional (Xbox 360 Controller for Windows recommended) " that tells me I don't want this port job.[/citation]

Agreed. Multi-platform games on the PC are fine, so long as the PC version of said games are designed to work well on the PC platform (Dragon Age, Mass Effect, L4D, etc.)

Straight port jobs, however, reek of absolute failure (CoD:MW2, Saints Row 2, etc.)

After a four month delay, one would expect/hope Ubisoft is making sure its PC version doesn't suck. I'm not going to hold my breath for it, though.

etrnl_frost

Distinguished
Jan 9, 2009
[citation][nom]efeat[/nom]Agreed. Multi-platform games on the PC are fine, so long as the PC version of said games are designed to work well on the PC platform (Dragon Age, Mass Effect, L4D, etc.)Straight port jobs, however, reek of absolute failure (CoD:MW2, Saints Row 2, etc.)After a four month delay, one would expect/hope Ubisoft is making sure its PC version doesn't suck. I'm not going to hold my breath for it, though.[/citation]
I don't know... third person action games, for me, feel more natural on a controller (a la tomb raider, etc.). At the same time, I agree/disagree with you. The xbox controller is a mixed blessing. It's great that someone is finally standardizing on a control scheme (really, when's the last time you had a plug and play analog controller on the PC) - too bad it's windows. I really don't like their controller - but that's personal preference...

omnimodis78

Distinguished
Oct 7, 2008
[citation][nom]xero9200[/nom]What is up with PC games costing $60 now? It used to be a $50 premium for new games, then somewhere along the lines they decided, "Hey, why not match our console prices even though we make the same profit on both?, If they'll pay $50, they'll pay $60" WRONG! I already hesitate to spend $50 on a game, but $60 crosses the line...I wonder how many more copies they'd sell if games were new at $30...[/citation]
You hit the nail on the head! I've been saying this very thing for years, that piracy would decline if only prices reflected value. But right now prices reflect only greed and profit. Profit is important, in fact it's the only reason to do business, but at some point the price has to be realistic, and at $60 a PC game is not realistic. I think that 3/4 of those who download games today would actually go out and buy the game if it were priced reasonably. I know I would but a new game for under $30, but I will not drop more than that.

djab

Distinguished
Feb 18, 2009
Where are the Ezio statue, the art book and other collectable items that were supposed to come with the black edition? :-(

Status
Not open for further replies.