Question asus 1060 6gb

Aug 2, 2019
Hello to everyone, i have an asus 1060 6gb oc version, intel i3 8100 and ga H110m motherboard. i have a problem with my graphic card, anytime i start windows (10), the fun of the grapgic card goes crazy and on HW monitor appear it goes +100k RPM. the fan keeps gong high and low randomly. and after few minutes if i start any games or msi afterburning it stops and everything run smoothly until i restart my pc.
anyone have any advice for it?
thanks

Is this your PSU, or some other Model ? https://www.evga.com/products/product.aspx?pn=100-W1-0500-KR

If YES, then I don't think that's a very high quality PSU. Most of the 80 PLUS White certified EVGA GPUs are budget quality/builds, IMO. I wouldn't use this model for stressful gaming sessions, but that is just me.

I'm not sure about the exact cause of the FAN behavior on your GPU though. Maybe try to reseat the GPU firmly on the PCI-Express SLOT ? Does your card require a SINGLE 6-PIN PCI-E connector ?

Aug 2, 2019
correct thats the one i have. and yes it has single 6 pin pci e connector. the weird fact is that if i open a game (pubg mostly) the graphic card start to run perfectly and stay around 1900 rpm and doesnt do the weird up and down anymore.

Last edited: