Question Asus 750W Gold noise

Antic45

Reputable
Feb 11, 2020
Hello guys,
I just bought Asus 750w gold PSU and everything is fine except when I turn off 0db fan mode it makes a little constant clicking noise.
I have Ryzen 5 5600x and 1050 TI (about to change thats why I bought 750W PSU).
Honestly I dont know what to do.

Commendable
Jan 27, 2021
bearing and double-bearing fans do not make "clicking noises" at full speed. I've owned them.. However, double bearing fans make more noise than cheaper brushless - but the brushless have to be replaced times more often (both costly and laborious ordeal - which is why good bearing fans are sought)

Any mfg selling fans or powersupply who had "pc fans that made audible clicking noises" would have to disclose it. It's a well known "parameter" of PC sales that PC be relatively quiet.

I suspect you have wires brushing up against one of your fans - which makes a clicking noise surely. Are you sure the new PS fan makes clicking noises not one of your other fans?

Last edited:

Antic45

Reputable
Feb 11, 2020
bearing and double-bearing fans do not make "clicking noises" at full speed. I've owned them.. However, double bearing fans make more noise than cheaper brushless - but the brushless have to be replaced times more often (both costly and laborious ordeal - which is why good bearing fans are sought)

Any mfg selling fans or powersupply who had "pc fans that made audible clicking noises" would have to disclose it. It's a well known "parameter" of PC sales that PC be relatively quiet.

I suspect you have wires brushing up against one of your fans - which makes a clicking noise surely. Are you sure the new PS fan makes clicking noises not one of your other fans?
Sorry for late answer, I was sick.
Yes Im sure psu fan makes that small clicking noise. I also asked other users and one of them said that he has that issue also and that its normal. I sent my psu back in shop and they said its normal. They said 0dB is normal mode for that psu and that I should not worry