Asus 970 Pro gaming Aura won't boot

May 25, 2018
I am trying to build my first computer with an Asus 970 Pro Gaming/Aura and AMD FX-8350. On power-up, the Motherboard lights up as expected (standby LED on, decorative LEDs color-cycling). However, when I make a bridge between the PWR_ON and GROUND pins as I don't have a case yet, a fan moves a little, then nothing. Bridging again has no effect just the typical RGB LEDs still cycling. If I turn the power supply off and back on, bridging the pins will make the fan jump one time again and then nothing... again.

This motherboard comes with four diagnostic LEDs and all 4 are unlit. But I unhooked the hard drive and even removed the RAM and they still don't light up. Following advices from http://www.tomshardware.com/faq/id-1893016/post-system-boot-video-output-troubleshooting-checklist.html I unplugged everything except for the CPU hoping to hear the beeps but still the same exact result, LEDs on, then nothing.

It's a bit of topic but did you buy this new? If so can you maybe return it?
You are using a cpu from 5+years ago that was pretty mediocre back then and simply cannot play modern games at stable fps anymore.