ASUS 99x-Delux II : Updated BIOS and M.2 no longer selectable.

Jayras

Commendable
Oct 5, 2016
So, last weekend I built my new machine.
ASUS 99X-DELUXE II MB, Corsair 32g RAM (4 X 8 Sticks)
2 SSD Drives (one 512MB, one 1TB) My old mechanical 1TB Drive (For backups)
And a shiny new Samsung Pro 512 M.2 Drive
(plus some other stuff...video card, fans, etc...)
Plugged everything in, Set the BIOS to boot to the M.2 Drive, stuck my thumbdrive in for Windows 10 install.
Perfect...everything was booting just fine, no issue.

Everything was fine!
Until last night: At a moment of weakness, I succumbed to the popup to update the BIOS to the new 1003 version (Came with the 601 version I think)

Since then, the BIOS no longer has the option to boot from the M.2 Drive (In fact, it only lists ONE of my drives as bootable....4 drives in the machine, and one shows up....)
I can "F8 Boot" to the M.2 drive, but a simple reboot is no longer possible.

I tried fiddling with settings in the BIOS (CSM Settings and the like...)
Settings either resulted in all drives disappearing, or no improvement.

I'm "working" in the sense I boot to the BIOS every time and have to hit F8 to choose the M.2 drive. But I long for the days when I could just just reboot.

Of course, like a fool, I didn't backup the BIOS first.
I'm not opposed to trying to go back to the previous version of hte BIOS, but I'm also not familiar with any risks that may entail...also skeptical of potential other issue that caused this.

Is there any hope for me?

Jayras

Commendable
Oct 5, 2016

Actually built the machine with no DVD. But I can get it off their site and download to USB stick. Any risks going back in versions?

Jayras

Commendable
Oct 5, 2016

No Joy on the Flashback. :(
Put it back to the 601 version and still cannot choose the Samsung Pro 950 as the boot device.
Tried default settings, as well as some of the advanced settings...either I get no devices or the same behavior of only seeing the other SSD.