ASUS A7V600-X motherboard won't start

HavoK

Distinguished
Jan 2, 2003

I am having a problem with the ASUS A7V600-X motherboard. I power on
from the front panel and the system starts up for a brief moment and
then shuts down immediately. The power LED on the board remains on
however after it shutsdown.

I have no idea how to go about troubleshooting this problem. I have
checked and rechecked all my connections and they appear to be
correct. Any help would be appreciated.

==============

Mouse

Distinguished
Nov 19, 2003

Hi,

That led on the MB simply indicates it has power, so that is nothing
highly special.

You might want to rule out some components, go to a bare MB with proc.
and fan configuration and try to boot, and see whether you got luck or
not, if not then either MB or proc are faulty, which one exactly is a
bit harder to determine. If it beeps (because it will fail to find main
memory, video card and so on) then start adding one by one, and check
out the component added when it starts to fail.

Enjoy