[SOLVED] ASUS AM4 TUF Gaming X570 Plus and Fractal Define R5 front panel issue

n00bguy84

Honorable
Dec 12, 2014
So I plan to put that motherboard into my old case which is in the title.

I have been reading the user manual for the motherboard online so I can maybe figure some things out before I get it. Going over some of the diagrams in the manual I am noticing it says 4x 2.0 UB for the front panel. My case has 2 USB 2.0 ports and 2 3.0 USB ports. It also has mic and headphone jacks for the front.

The motherboard I am using now is also made by ASUS, it's an H170 Pro Gaming. The layout seems to be similar mostly. I figured they would all be basically the same. I am not worried about the size cause that's all standard.

I like the USB ports on the front of my old case. It's a good case which is why I figured I would use it for another build. Basically all I am switching out is the motherboard and CPU.

My case has a connector for USB 2.0 and USB 3.0. It's been a while since I had to deal with a motherboard, nearly 5 years.

Is there a 3.0 connection on the ASUS X570 board I didn't see or am I basically down 2 USB sports?

Solution
Yes there is, don't worry its standard on new boards to have USB 3.0 Header.
You gonna have all you 2.0 and 3.0 USB ports working and frot mic and headphone jacks.

9FmJimy.jpg

This is the USB 3.0 header ^^