[SOLVED] Asus and Corsair RGB Combo for New Build?

Nov 12, 2018
Hey, all! I can't seem to find any solid info about how to make some particular different RGB components work in parallel or possibly sync them together. Here are the parts I'd like to work with:

* Asus ROG Strix X470 MoBo
* Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro RAM
* Corsair RGB LL120 Fans
* Asus Aura-Compatible Case that has built-in LEDs

Ideally the Corsair iCue system would run the LEDs on all components, but I'd be fine with iCue only controlling the RAM and Fans with Asus Aura handling the MoBo and Case LEDs separately. But, I read elsewhere that Asus Aura has to be disabled in the BIOS for the Corsair component LEDs to function at all.

Does anyone here know if either iCue or Aura can run everything or if the two systems can run independently even though they are all connected to the MoBo?

Thank you!

Solution
So ... I have Asus Aura functionality on my Maximus IX. I uninstalled the software some time ago but the lighting on my motherboard is still working (it's not changed from what I set it to). I do have Corsair Vengeance RGB PRO RAM and, from what I understand, Aura and iCue argue over that but I think you can tell Aura not to control the RAM. I had already uninstalled Aura when I got the RAM so I'm not 100% sure about this.

For the Corsair stuff, check out http://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=173880.

Keep in mind that the two systems won't synchronize. You do have options, however, with the case - you can either get a Corsair RGB case with integrated lighting (like the Spec Omega RGB) or you can get an adapter for the Lighting...

devbiker

Commendable
Dec 9, 2017
So ... I have Asus Aura functionality on my Maximus IX. I uninstalled the software some time ago but the lighting on my motherboard is still working (it's not changed from what I set it to). I do have Corsair Vengeance RGB PRO RAM and, from what I understand, Aura and iCue argue over that but I think you can tell Aura not to control the RAM. I had already uninstalled Aura when I got the RAM so I'm not 100% sure about this.

For the Corsair stuff, check out http://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=173880.

Keep in mind that the two systems won't synchronize. You do have options, however, with the case - you can either get a Corsair RGB case with integrated lighting (like the Spec Omega RGB) or you can get an adapter for the Lighting Node Pro to control Aura-compatible Addressable RGB devices - but only the 5V Addressable RGB (3 pins), not the 12V RGB (4 pins).

Solution