Asus Announces 10 New Motherboards Based On Latest 100-Series Intel Chipsets

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ordinarily I would have. These charts, however, are almost verbatim what we received from Asus. Form factor isn't listed, because Asus didn't tell us what form factors the motherboards were.

Nuckles_56

Admirable

Ah, fair enough, I just assumed that they got overlooked rather than the fact that they actually weren't supplied

see now i'm all confused does skylake's chipset support usb 3.1 gen1 only or usb 3.1 gen2

That is an excellent question, and you have the right to be confused. We did an article on this a few days ago. Long story short, USB 3.1 Gen 1 is essentially the same as USB 3.0. They just decided to rename it for some reason no one understands. USB 3.1 Gen 2 is the actually USB 3.1 which has been discussed over the last year, and the one with all the improved features.

So, yes it supports USB 3.1 Gen 1, no it doesn't support USB 3.1 Gen 2. Any board you see (here or otherwise) that has USB 3.1 Gen 2 at this time is using a separate controller chip connected via the chipsets PCI-E 3.0 lanes to the system.

Status
Not open for further replies.