Question Asus Armoury Crate Tool (drivers section) not appearing

longandrew321

Reputable
Oct 1, 2017
I have been having a bug in my system that causes BOS, the error code was 0x00000133 . I got in touch with Microsoft and they said to update or reinstall chipset and motherboard drivers. However, the drivers section is not showing on my software, does anyone know how to get it?

What are your full hardware specifications?

My recommendation would be to get rid of Armory crate (Uninstall it) and go to the product page for your motherboard. Manually download the latest chipset, network adapter and audio drivers and install them. Drivers should ALWAYS be installed manually. Never rely on ANY "automatic" utility or driver "updater" to do this. They almost always make things worse and rarely are ever accurate. As far as Armory crate is concerned, we've seen MANY instances of it, and other motherboard utilities like MSI dragon center, cause nothing but problems.

The first thing you should do though is make sure you have the latest STABLE motherboard BIOS version installed.

Well, I stand corrected. I did not realize that ASUS was now absolutely requiring Armoury Crate in order to have access to drivers and driver updates. Another reason in a growing list of reasons to avoid ASUS going forward in my opinion.

Do you have Aura Sync installed? If so, uninstall it.

Then uninstall Armoury crate. Next, go into the power options, and disable fast startup by disabling hibernation as shown below.

To disable Hibernation:

The first step is to run the command prompt as administrator. In Windows 10, you can do this by right clicking on the start menu and clicking "Command Prompt (Admin)"
Type in "powercfg.exe /h off" without the quotes and press enter. If you typed it in correctly, the cursor will simply start at a new line asking for new input
Now just exit out of command prompt

Now restart the system. Download the latest version of Armoury Crate and install it. Run the update program in Armoury crate to make sure it is up to date. Hopefully now you will be able to see the drivers section. If not, from what I've read, a lot of users have had to reinstall Windows and then install Armoury Crate fresh, unfortunately, to get it to work properly.

Colif

Win 11 Master
Look on win 10 tab, they only include win 11 drivers if there are new ones. You can use the win 10 drivers otherwise.

Colif

Win 11 Master
I think what Asus do is use some database of all their Hardware, and they added a WIn 11 section and put it on all boards, but they didn't populate all the driver sections, just Armory Crate. This means when they update AC on one spot, it appears on all the websites.
If there are Win 11 drivers for other things, they appear there too.

i can see a reason not to show them as win 11 drivers... they aren't. They are win 10 drivers, they just happen to work with 11.

Up until win 10 came out, the format of drivers hadn't changed a lot so XP drivers could run on Win 7. It was only when they enforced driver signatiures that you had to use WIn 10 drivers. Microsoft haven't changed how drivers work since 10 and 11 only been out a year so using win 10 drivers is the only choice in a lot of cases.

Last edited:

TRENDING THREADS